Sci-Fi Wire on TW 1 & DW 3 DVD sets

  • Craig J. Ries
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2007
      http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=43690

      Torchwood DVD Extras Sneaked

      The first-season DVD of the BBC's Doctor Who spinoff series, Torchwood,
      streets on Jan. 8, 2008, and will include 10 behind-the-scenes
      featurettes on seven discs.

      The show, which will also premiere in the United States on Sept. 8 at 9
      p.m. ET/PT on BBC America, stars John Barrowman as Capt. Jack Harkness,
      the leader of a top-secret team of British agents who investigate the
      unknown and fight the impossible, using scavenged alien technology.

      The bonus features include the featurettes Welcome to Torchwood;
      Torchwood on the Scene; Torchwood Out of this World; Torchwood Sex,
      Violence, Blood and Gore; Torchwood on the Road; The Team and Their
      Troubles; Torchwood: Moments in the Making; The Captain's Log; Torchwood
      on Time; and Torchwood Declassified. The DVD will also feature deleted
      scenes, audio commentary on all 13 first-season episodes and outtakes.

      Torchwood: The Complete First Season will carry a suggested retail price
      of $79.98 in the United States.

      The third season DVD set for Doctor Who, meanwhile, will street on Nov. 6.

      The six-disc set will include the featurettes Freema Agyeman Tour of the
      Studio and David Tennant's Video Diaries, outtakes, deleted scenes,
      video of the first rehearsal of the season's finale and audio
      commentaries. The DVD set will also include an Easter egg of the
      Doctor's message from the episode "Blink." The set will carry a
      suggested retail price of $99.98.
    • Thomas N. Beck
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2007
        "Streets"? When the hell did *that* become a verb?

        =====================================

        Tom Beck

        "Well, this train carries saints and sinners/This train carries losers and winners/This train carries whores and gamblers/This train carries lost souls/This train carries broken-hearted/This train -- thieves and sweet souls departed/This train carries fools, carries kings/This train - all aboard!/I said, this train -- dreams will not be thwarted/This train -- faith will be rewarded/This train -- hear the steel wheels singing/This train -- bells of freedom ringing!" -- Bruce Springsteen, "Land of Hope and Dreams"

        On Wednesday, August 29, 2007, at 10:34AM, "Craig J. Ries" <silvanthalas@...> wrote:
        >http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=43690
        >

        >Torchwood DVD Extras Sneaked
        >
        >The first-season DVD of the BBC's Doctor Who spinoff series, Torchwood,
        >streets on Jan. 8, 2008, and will include 10 behind-the-scenes
        >featurettes on seven discs.
        >
        >The show, which will also premiere in the United States on Sept. 8 at 9
        >p.m. ET/PT on BBC America, stars John Barrowman as Capt. Jack Harkness,
        >the leader of a top-secret team of British agents who investigate the
        >unknown and fight the impossible, using scavenged alien technology.
        >
        >The bonus features include the featurettes Welcome to Torchwood;
        >Torchwood on the Scene; Torchwood Out of this World; Torchwood Sex,
        >Violence, Blood and Gore; Torchwood on the Road; The Team and Their
        >Troubles; Torchwood: Moments in the Making; The Captain's Log; Torchwood
        >on Time; and Torchwood Declassified. The DVD will also feature deleted
        >scenes, audio commentary on all 13 first-season episodes and outtakes.
        >
        >Torchwood: The Complete First Season will carry a suggested retail price
        >of $79.98 in the United States.
        >
        >The third season DVD set for Doctor Who, meanwhile, will street on Nov. 6.
        >
        >The six-disc set will include the featurettes Freema Agyeman Tour of the
        >Studio and David Tennant's Video Diaries, outtakes, deleted scenes,
        >video of the first rehearsal of the season's finale and audio
        >commentaries. The DVD set will also include an Easter egg of the
        >Doctor's message from the episode "Blink." The set will carry a
        >suggested retail price of $99.98.

      • msunshne
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2007
          That sounds great! Thanks for the sneak peek
          link.
          Melissa

        • Lynn
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2007
            From: Craig J. Ries <silvanthalas@...>

            > The bonus features include the featurettes Welcome to Torchwood;
            > Torchwood on the Scene; Torchwood Out of this World; Torchwood Sex,
            > Violence, Blood and Gore; Torchwood on the Road; The Team and Their
            > Troubles; Torchwood: Moments in the Making; The Captain's Log; Torchwood
            > on Time;
            > deleted scenes,

            These sound identical to the extras that were on the individual releases from the UK. Which is bad in the sense that there's nothing I haven't seen, but good in the sense that I can sell my UK discs once the box set comes out :)

            > and Torchwood Declassified. The DVD will also feature
            > audio commentary on all 13 first-season episodes and outtakes.

            And these were not on the individual releases and will be new.

            > Torchwood: The Complete First Season will carry a suggested retail price
            > of $79.98 in the United States.

            That beats $99 for Doctor Who (which is weird, if you think about it, but I'll just be grateful...) It should be discounted to around $55-$60.

            -Lynn