Yahoo is erroneously noting some messages as spam

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2007
      If you send a message to the Torchwood list or to other Yahoo groups,
      you may notice an unusual delay in it getting through. Yahoo has been
      flagging messages as spam, sometimes notifying the moderators of lists,
      sometimes not. (Yahoo was not notifying me about this group, which I
      own, but was notifying me about a group where I am a backup moderator.)

      The flagging seems to happen when you:

      1) Are replying to a reply of a reply of a reply, and all the footer
      material from the end of each previous message is left in, so that
      those bits at the end are rather lengthy. It may be worth checking when
      you do a reply to remove unnecessary stuff after the end of previous
      messages.

      2) Lots of white space in a message. Not sure what can be done about
      that - the examples I saw had good reason to have lots of empty space.

      3) If you are quoting something from another location/group and have
      the bulk of the message with these > at the beginning of each line.

      These are guesses based on what it flagged in the 2 groups I have
      spotted the problem in so far. If you notice that stuff never gets
      through or is significantly delayed, e-mail me.

      Benjamin Elliott