Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Great New Brit Show

Expand Messages
  • Stacci
    There are VERY few TV shows I think are good enough for me to buy, but this is one of them. I also like the Midsommer Murders and an American show called
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 27, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      There are VERY few TV shows I think are good enough for me to buy,
      but this is one of them. I also like the Midsommer Murders and an
      American show called Farscape. While I may like other shows, these
      are the only one's I'd pay money for.

      As for Michelle Ryan, I'm looking forward to seeing how they are
      going to update the Bionic Woman. I use to watch that show and the
      Six Million Dollar Man when I was a kid. Remember the Bionic German
      Shepherd Jaime had? Oh and the sound the show would make when anyone
      of them were running or jumping... I hope they leave that sound
      effect out. :-D

      p.s. If you like the show, come on and join my group. I've already
      got a couple of members and the more is the merrier!
      Jekyll_From_BBC1

      Stacci

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Louis Sather <lesather@...> wrote:
      >
      > I love the show too. I had the Region 2 DVD set when
      > it was released a few weeks ago just on the strength
      > of it being written by Steven Moffat and actors like
      > James Nesbitt, Gina Bellman and Michelle Ryan (looking
      > forward to her starring in "The Bionic Woman" this
      > fall). Out of the six episodes I was probably only
      > disappoiinted in episode 4. Everything else was
      > excellent. Gotten a few of my friends hooked on it as well.
      >
      >
      >
      >
      ______________________________________________________________________
      ______________
      > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's
      updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.
      > http://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow
      >
    • David
      Rivalling Dr Who? Nah, not even close. This is the first time I ve seen anyone show any interest in it, Jekyll is not a topic of conversation on this side of
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 28, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        Rivalling Dr Who? Nah, not even close. This is the first time I've
        seen anyone show any interest in it, Jekyll is not a topic of
        conversation on this side of the Atlantic.

        We had looked forward to watching it as the BBC had trailed it to
        death, but we only got through about three quarters of the first one,
        and we all thought it was so bad we went down to the pub instead.
        A good writer is no guarantee of a good show, and although popular
        James Nesbit is not the most convincing of actors.

        Still, if you enjoyed it that's a good thing, maybe they just missed
        the market over here, so they must be doing something right. I hope
        you continue to enjoy the series.

        Best regards and happy viewing

        David

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Stacci" <kindred1964@...> wrote:
        >
        > Has anyone watched the new (in the US) show on BBC America (BBC1 in the
        > UK) called, "Jekyll?" This is a REALLY terrific show; the best Jekyll
        > and Hyde adaption I've ever seen. Get this; in the UK they are saying
        > that, "Jekyll" is rivaling "Dr. Who." Considering how much the Brits
        > LOVE Dr. Who! That's really saying something!
        >
        > I looked for a group to join, but there was none. Therefore I created
        > one. If you would like to join it's called, "Jekyll_From_BBC1" and I'll
        > have someone to talk with about this great show.
        >
        > Subscribe: Jekyll_From_BBC1-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
      • beatlefanfcb
        I haven t watched Jekyll and the bits I have caught while looking for other shows were not enticing but James Nesbitt was wonderful in Cold Feet. It was a
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 28, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          I haven't watched Jekyll and the bits I have caught while looking for
          other shows were not enticing but James Nesbitt was wonderful in Cold
          Feet. It was a delightful series and it's a shame it didn't do better
          in the US. I'm not sure why it didn't do well since it seemed like
          every one I knew was watching it when it ran on Bravo. Some of the
          series are now available in the US on DVD.

          Frank Caesar Branchini
          Edgewater, MD USA
        • Stacci
          I m just telling you what articles I ve reading in the UK papers and magazines. I think they said that because of the writer has worked on both shows. As for
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 28, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            I'm just telling you what articles I've reading in the UK papers and
            magazines. I think they said that because of the writer has worked on
            both shows.

            As for watching the show, if you had watched the whole thing you
            might have liked it. Three quarters of one episode isn't much. When
            they show it again, try actually watching the whole thing. I watched
            all six episodes and was very happy with it.

            Dr. Who is a lot more fun though. Jekyll is more creepy... skin
            crawling. James Nesbitt went back and forth easily. By episode five
            and six the two characters melded and "they" really became creepy.
            :-> I loved Nesbitt's evil smile. He looked like Mr. Sardonicus.

            I know that the Brits are mad about Dr. Who from way back (this is
            the first Dr. Who I've ever watched) so I wonder if that's why Brits
            naturally lean toward Dr. Who and won't try something new. BBC has
            really terrific shows that I wish we could see over here. I'm in
            California so maybe that's why I like Jekyll. We are laid back and
            open to new things.

            I didn't watch the last Dr. Who (Human Nature Part 1) because I know
            if I watch it I'll go crazy waiting for the second part. I protected
            the episode and will watch it after recording part 2. I can't
            remember when it starts again for us, but I'm resisting the urge to
            watch it.

            What do you guys think of the last two Dr. Who actors, in comparison
            to the past Dr. Who's? I've read that there was a blond Dr. Who in
            the 70's (?) no one really liked. I know my dad like the guy with the
            long scarf. I don't know their names... sorry. :-D

            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dashotton@...> wrote:
            >
            > Rivalling Dr Who? Nah, not even close. This is the first time I've
            > seen anyone show any interest in it, Jekyll is not a topic of
            > conversation on this side of the Atlantic.
            >
            > We had looked forward to watching it as the BBC had trailed it to
            > death, but we only got through about three quarters of the first
            one,
            > and we all thought it was so bad we went down to the pub instead.
            > A good writer is no guarantee of a good show, and although popular
            > James Nesbit is not the most convincing of actors.
            >
            > Still, if you enjoyed it that's a good thing, maybe they just missed
            > the market over here, so they must be doing something right. I hope
            > you continue to enjoy the series.
            >
            > Best regards and happy viewing
            >
            > David
            >
            > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Stacci" <kindred1964@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Has anyone watched the new (in the US) show on BBC America (BBC1
            in the
            > > UK) called, "Jekyll?" This is a REALLY terrific show; the best
            Jekyll
            > > and Hyde adaption I've ever seen. Get this; in the UK they are
            saying
            > > that, "Jekyll" is rivaling "Dr. Who." Considering how much the
            Brits
            > > LOVE Dr. Who! That's really saying something!
            > >
            > > I looked for a group to join, but there was none. Therefore I
            created
            > > one. If you would like to join it's called, "Jekyll_From_BBC1"
            and I'll
            > > have someone to talk with about this great show.
            > >
            > > Subscribe: Jekyll_From_BBC1-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > >
            >
          • Stacci
            I don t ever remember even hearing about Cold Feet. I use to watch Midsommer Murders on Bravo all the time. I wonder if Netflix has it. Thanks for the tip for
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 28, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              I don't ever remember even hearing about Cold Feet. I use to watch
              Midsommer Murders on Bravo all the time. I wonder if Netflix has it.
              Thanks for the tip for a new show to look for. When they show this
              season of Jekyll again, watch all six episodes and give it a chance.

              --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "beatlefanfcb" <beatlefanfcb@...>
              wrote:
              >
              > I haven't watched Jekyll and the bits I have caught while looking for
              > other shows were not enticing but James Nesbitt was wonderful in Cold
              > Feet. It was a delightful series and it's a shame it didn't do
              better
              > in the US. I'm not sure why it didn't do well since it seemed like
              > every one I knew was watching it when it ran on Bravo. Some of the
              > series are now available in the US on DVD.
              >
              > Frank Caesar Branchini
              > Edgewater, MD USA
              >
            • Will Vigar
              ... MOst of the articles were written after viewing the first episode and assumed it would get better because it was Moffat. A lot of reviews from around
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 28, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                On 28/08/07, Stacci <kindred1964@...> wrote:
                >
                > I'm just telling you what articles I've reading in the UK papers and
                > magazines. I think they said that because of the writer has worked on
                > both shows.

                MOst of the articles were written after viewing the first episode and
                assumed it would get better because it was Moffat. A lot of reviews
                from around parts 4+ have been very negative.

                > As for watching the show, if you had watched the whole thing you
                > might have liked it. Three quarters of one episode isn't much. When
                > they show it again, try actually watching the whole thing. I watched
                > all six episodes and was very happy with it.

                I watched 4.5 out of the 6, including the ending.
                >
                > Dr. Who is a lot more fun though. Jekyll is more creepy... skin
                > crawling. James Nesbitt went back and forth easily. By episode five
                > and six the two characters melded and "they" really became creepy.
                > :-> I loved Nesbitt's evil smile. He looked like Mr. Sardonicus.

                Ha! Mr Sardonicus! Brilliant! ;-D
                >
                > I know that the Brits are mad about Dr. Who from way back (this is
                > the first Dr. Who I've ever watched) so I wonder if that's why Brits
                > naturally lean toward Dr. Who and won't try something new.

                Total neophile, me.....I'll try anything!

                BBC has
                > really terrific shows that I wish we could see over here. I'm in
                > California so maybe that's why I like Jekyll. We are laid back and
                > open to new things.

                Uuuuh.....you seem to be stereotyping Brits and Californians here....I
                know some VERY up tight Californians and VERY laid back brits :-)

                >
                > I didn't watch the last Dr. Who (Human Nature Part 1) because I know
                > if I watch it I'll go crazy waiting for the second part. I protected
                > the episode and will watch it after recording part 2. I can't
                > remember when it starts again for us, but I'm resisting the urge to
                > watch it.

                Ooooooh! You are in for SUCH a treat! Probably the best story of
                the season.....actually....make that definitely!
                >
                > What do you guys think of the last two Dr. Who actors, in comparison
                > to the past Dr. Who's?

                I'm a fan whose first memory is of Patrick Troughton's Dr Who! For
                my money, Chris Ecclestone is the best Dr. Who bar none.....and I say
                that after being a fan for some 40 years!

                I've read that there was a blond Dr. Who in
                > the 70's (?) no one really liked.

                Well, there were two blodies. Peter Davison who, although liked, was
                in some very dodgy stories heralding the downfall brought about by
                other blondie, Colin Baker. I think there are probably about three
                decent stories in his entire run. Oncce he went and the writers
                started writing for Sylveste McCoy (rather than using scripts written
                with Baker in mind) it got a lot better, especially the 'Perivale
                trilogy'. Ironically, Colin Bakers best stories have been those
                written for the Big Finish Audios. He had the perfect costume for
                radio, you know....

                I know my dad like the guy with the
                > long scarf. I don't know their names... sorry. :-D

                Tom Baker. A god amongst men.....all hail the might Baker!!
              • Stacci
                Thanks for the info. Why do you believe Chris Ecclestone is the best Dr. Who so far? What causes him to stand out in the crowd? I was kind of disappointed when
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 28, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  Thanks for the info. Why do you believe Chris Ecclestone is the best
                  Dr. Who so far? What causes him to stand out in the crowd? I was kind
                  of disappointed when he left the show. I didn't know anything about
                  Dr. Who changing physically when he "dies."

                  Chris Ecclestone and David Tennent play Dr. Who as (kind of) a big
                  kid going for a joy ride in dad's car. Have all the other Dr. Who's
                  been this much fun/silly/energetic?

                  --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Will Vigar" <immanion@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > On 28/08/07, Stacci <kindred1964@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm just telling you what articles I've reading in the UK papers
                  and
                  > > magazines. I think they said that because of the writer has
                  worked on
                  > > both shows.
                  >
                  > MOst of the articles were written after viewing the first episode
                  and
                  > assumed it would get better because it was Moffat. A lot of
                  reviews
                  > from around parts 4+ have been very negative.
                  >
                  > > As for watching the show, if you had watched the whole thing you
                  > > might have liked it. Three quarters of one episode isn't much.
                  When
                  > > they show it again, try actually watching the whole thing. I
                  watched
                  > > all six episodes and was very happy with it.
                  >
                  > I watched 4.5 out of the 6, including the ending.
                  > >
                  > > Dr. Who is a lot more fun though. Jekyll is more creepy... skin
                  > > crawling. James Nesbitt went back and forth easily. By episode
                  five
                  > > and six the two characters melded and "they" really became
                  creepy.
                  > > :-> I loved Nesbitt's evil smile. He looked like Mr. Sardonicus.
                  >
                  > Ha! Mr Sardonicus! Brilliant! ;-D
                  > >
                  > > I know that the Brits are mad about Dr. Who from way back (this
                  is
                  > > the first Dr. Who I've ever watched) so I wonder if that's why
                  Brits
                  > > naturally lean toward Dr. Who and won't try something new.
                  >
                  > Total neophile, me.....I'll try anything!
                  >
                  > BBC has
                  > > really terrific shows that I wish we could see over here. I'm in
                  > > California so maybe that's why I like Jekyll. We are laid back
                  and
                  > > open to new things.
                  >
                  > Uuuuh.....you seem to be stereotyping Brits and Californians
                  here....I
                  > know some VERY up tight Californians and VERY laid back brits :-)
                  >
                  > >
                  > > I didn't watch the last Dr. Who (Human Nature Part 1) because I
                  know
                  > > if I watch it I'll go crazy waiting for the second part. I
                  protected
                  > > the episode and will watch it after recording part 2. I can't
                  > > remember when it starts again for us, but I'm resisting the urge
                  to
                  > > watch it.
                  >
                  > Ooooooh! You are in for SUCH a treat! Probably the best story of
                  > the season.....actually....make that definitely!
                  > >
                  > > What do you guys think of the last two Dr. Who actors, in
                  comparison
                  > > to the past Dr. Who's?
                  >
                  > I'm a fan whose first memory is of Patrick Troughton's Dr Who! For
                  > my money, Chris Ecclestone is the best Dr. Who bar none.....and I
                  say
                  > that after being a fan for some 40 years!
                  >
                  > I've read that there was a blond Dr. Who in
                  > > the 70's (?) no one really liked.
                  >
                  > Well, there were two blodies. Peter Davison who, although liked,
                  was
                  > in some very dodgy stories heralding the downfall brought about by
                  > other blondie, Colin Baker. I think there are probably about three
                  > decent stories in his entire run. Oncce he went and the writers
                  > started writing for Sylveste McCoy (rather than using scripts
                  written
                  > with Baker in mind) it got a lot better, especially the 'Perivale
                  > trilogy'. Ironically, Colin Bakers best stories have been those
                  > written for the Big Finish Audios. He had the perfect costume for
                  > radio, you know....
                  >
                  > I know my dad like the guy with the
                  > > long scarf. I don't know their names... sorry. :-D
                  >
                  > Tom Baker. A god amongst men.....all hail the might Baker!!
                  >
                • Robert DiClemente
                  Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) and Tom Baker (4th Doctor) had fun playing the role. Unfortunately a lot of Patrick Troughton s episodes are lost, but those
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 28, 2007
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) and Tom Baker (4th Doctor) had fun playing the role. Unfortunately a lot of Patrick Troughton's episodes are lost, but those that are available are worth watching. One of my favorite 4th Doctor stories is The Talons of Weng Chiang, but if you want to see a humorous side to the 4th Doctor, check out City of Death.
                    Peter Davison (5th Doctor) was the youngest actor to play the role, so there was more running around and energy with his Doctor.
                    Each Doctor has his own personality, try and watch at least one story of each to get a feel for them. Hope this helps.



                    ----- Original Message ----
                    From: Stacci <kindred1964@...>
                    To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                    Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:53:15 PM
                    Subject: [torchwood] Re: Great New Brit Show

                    Thanks for the info. Why do you believe Chris Ecclestone is the best
                    Dr. Who so far? What causes him to stand out in the crowd? I was kind
                    of disappointed when he left the show. I didn't know anything about
                    Dr. Who changing physically when he "dies."

                    Chris Ecclestone and David Tennent play Dr. Who as (kind of) a big
                    kid going for a joy ride in dad's car. Have all the other Dr. Who's
                    been this much fun/silly/energetic ?

                    --- In torchwood@yahoogrou ps.com, "Will Vigar" <immanion@.. .> wrote:
                    >
                    > On 28/08/07, Stacci <kindred1964@ ...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm just telling you what articles I've reading in the UK papers
                    and
                    > > magazines. I think they said that because of the writer has
                    worked on
                    > > both shows.
                    >
                    > MOst of the articles were written after viewing the first episode
                    and
                    > assumed it would get better because it was Moffat. A lot of
                    reviews
                    > from around parts 4+ have been very negative.
                    >
                    > > As for watching the show, if you had watched the whole thing you
                    > > might have liked it. Three quarters of one episode isn't much.
                    When
                    > > they show it again, try actually watching the whole thing. I
                    watched
                    > > all six episodes and was very happy with it.
                    >
                    > I watched 4.5 out of the 6, including the ending.
                    > >
                    > > Dr. Who is a lot more fun though. Jekyll is more creepy... skin
                    > > crawling. James Nesbitt went back and forth easily. By episode
                    five
                    > > and six the two characters melded and "they" really became
                    creepy.
                    > > :-> I loved Nesbitt's evil smile. He looked like Mr. Sardonicus.
                    >
                    > Ha! Mr Sardonicus! Brilliant! ;-D
                    > >
                    > > I know that the Brits are mad about Dr. Who from way back (this
                    is
                    > > the first Dr. Who I've ever watched) so I wonder if that's why
                    Brits
                    > > naturally lean toward Dr. Who and won't try something new.
                    >
                    > Total neophile, me.....I'll try anything!
                    >
                    > BBC has
                    > > really terrific shows that I wish we could see over here. I'm in
                    > > California so maybe that's why I like Jekyll. We are laid back
                    and
                    > > open to new things.
                    >
                    > Uuuuh.....you seem to be stereotyping Brits and Californians
                    here....I
                    > know some VERY up tight Californians and VERY laid back brits :-)
                    >
                    > >
                    > > I didn't watch the last Dr. Who (Human Nature Part 1) because I
                    know
                    > > if I watch it I'll go crazy waiting for the second part. I
                    protected
                    > > the episode and will watch it after recording part 2. I can't
                    > > remember when it starts again for us, but I'm resisting the urge
                    to
                    > > watch it.
                    >
                    > Ooooooh! You are in for SUCH a treat! Probably the best story of
                    > the season.....actually ....make that definitely!
                    > >
                    > > What do you guys think of the last two Dr. Who actors, in
                    comparison
                    > > to the past Dr. Who's?
                    >
                    > I'm a fan whose first memory is of Patrick Troughton's Dr Who! For
                    > my money, Chris Ecclestone is the best Dr. Who bar none.....and I
                    say
                    > that after being a fan for some 40 years!
                    >
                    > I've read that there was a blond Dr. Who in
                    > > the 70's (?) no one really liked.
                    >
                    > Well, there were two blodies. Peter Davison who, although liked,
                    was
                    > in some very dodgy stories heralding the downfall brought about by
                    > other blondie, Colin Baker. I think there are probably about three
                    > decent stories in his entire run. Oncce he went and the writers
                    > started writing for Sylveste McCoy (rather than using scripts
                    written
                    > with Baker in mind) it got a lot better, especially the 'Perivale
                    > trilogy'. Ironically, Colin Bakers best stories have been those
                    > written for the Big Finish Audios. He had the perfect costume for
                    > radio, you know....
                    >
                    > I know my dad like the guy with the
                    > > long scarf. I don't know their names... sorry. :-D
                    >
                    > Tom Baker. A god amongst men.....all hail the might Baker!!
                    >






                    ____________________________________________________________________________________
                    Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
                    http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • Will Vigar
                    ... He bought something genuinely different to the show and managed to portray depth of character previously unseen. There was a wonderful alien quality to
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 28, 2007
                    • 0 Attachment
                      On 28/08/2007, Stacci <kindred1964@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks for the info. Why do you believe Chris Ecclestone is the best
                      > Dr. Who so far?

                      He bought something genuinely different to the show and managed to
                      portray depth of character previously unseen. There was a wonderful
                      alien quality to him which he was able to show with just a look, but
                      which other Doctors would have to explain or exposit or gurn. It was
                      also the first time we'd seen the Doctor as 'damaged' (aftershock of
                      the time war?) which often affected his judgement and I genuinely
                      beleive that only someone of Ecclestones calibre could have pulled
                      that off. This was a Doctor who wasn't always right and was, probably
                      thanks to Rose, a little more human.

                      I was kind
                      > of disappointed when he left the show. I didn't know anything about
                      > Dr. Who changing physically when he "dies."

                      A brilliant tool, that...
                      >
                      > Chris Ecclestone and David Tennent play Dr. Who as (kind of) a big
                      > kid going for a joy ride in dad's car. Have all the other Dr. Who's
                      > been this much fun/silly/energetic?

                      Tom Baker certainly did. I think it's fair to say that all of the
                      Doctors embraced life, but some did it in different ways. Much as I
                      liked Davison, he did come across as a harrassed supply teacher.
                      Colin BAker was too arrogant. Sylveste McCoy was on the point of
                      becoming a great Doctor when the show got cancelled, full of mystery,
                      full of secrets.

                      Wiliam Hartnell wasn't at all energetic being a 'crotchety old man'
                      but he usually had three companions to be energetic for him :-) ANd
                      Pat Trougton was.....mercurial. :-)
                    • Will Vigar
                      ... Absolutely. Two cracking stories. Two of the characters in WEng-Chiang almost got a spin-off series of Sherlock Holmes-y style aadventures....City of
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 29, 2007
                      • 0 Attachment
                        On 29/08/2007, Robert DiClemente <rmd515@...> wrote:

                        > Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) and Tom Baker (4th Doctor) had fun playing
                        > the role. Unfortunately a lot of Patrick Troughton's episodes are lost, but
                        > those that are available are worth watching. One of my favorite 4th Doctor
                        > stories is The Talons of Weng Chiang, but if you want to see a humorous side
                        > to the 4th Doctor, check out City of Death.

                        Absolutely. Two cracking stories. Two of the characters in
                        WEng-Chiang almost got a spin-off series of Sherlock Holmes-y style
                        aadventures....City of Death is a fantastic romp around Paris...

                        > Peter Davison (5th Doctor) was the youngest actor to play the role, so
                        > there was more running around and energy with his Doctor.
                        > Each Doctor has his own personality, try and watch at least one story of
                        > each to get a feel for them. Hope this helps.


                        Which ones would you suggest?

                        I'd (probably) go for :
                        Hartnell: Dalek Invasion of Earth
                        Troughton: Ice Warriors
                        Pertwee: The Daemons.
                        T.Baker: Talons of Weng Chiang
                        P.Davison; Caves of Androzani
                        C.Baker: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm........probably the dalek
                        story...Resurrection, was it?
                        Sylveste McCoy: Curse of Fenric.
                      • David
                        ... Well, that s great that you enjoyed it, but it wasn t my cup of tea at all. I have never rated Nesbitt as a serious actor, I don t find him convincing at
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 29, 2007
                        • 0 Attachment
                          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Stacci" <kindred1964@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > I'm just telling you what articles I've reading in the UK papers and
                          > magazines. I think they said that because of the writer has worked on
                          > both shows.
                          >
                          > As for watching the show, if you had watched the whole thing you
                          > might have liked it. Three quarters of one episode isn't much. When
                          > they show it again, try actually watching the whole thing. I watched
                          > all six episodes and was very happy with it.
                          >
                          Well, that's great that you enjoyed it, but it wasn't my cup of tea at
                          all. I have never rated Nesbitt as a serious actor, I don't find him
                          convincing at all. But that is a personal bias I admit, with a
                          different actor I might of stuck with it further, maybe right until
                          the end. And watching a whole of something you aren't enjoying on the
                          off chance that it will improve doesn't really make sense to me. An
                          evening out with friends seemed much the better option, especially as
                          they disliked it too.

                          Still I'm glad you got something out of it, just because I don't like
                          something I'm not about to slag it off. They hit the mark for you and
                          that is good enough for me.

                          Best to all

                          David
                        • Robert DiClemente
                          Your choice of stories for each Doctor are spot on. I personally like The Daemons from Pertwee s era. ... From: Will Vigar To:
                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 29, 2007
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Your choice of stories for each Doctor are spot on. I personally like The Daemons from Pertwee's era.


                            ----- Original Message ----
                            From: Will Vigar <immanion@...>
                            To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                            Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 5:56:04 AM
                            Subject: Re: [torchwood] Re: Great New Brit Show

                            On 29/08/2007, Robert DiClemente <rmd515@yahoo. com> wrote:

                            > Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) and Tom Baker (4th Doctor) had fun playing
                            > the role. Unfortunately a lot of Patrick Troughton's episodes are lost, but
                            > those that are available are worth watching. One of my favorite 4th Doctor
                            > stories is The Talons of Weng Chiang, but if you want to see a humorous side
                            > to the 4th Doctor, check out City of Death.

                            Absolutely. Two cracking stories. Two of the characters in
                            WEng-Chiang almost got a spin-off series of Sherlock Holmes-y style
                            aadventures. ...City of Death is a fantastic romp around Paris...

                            > Peter Davison (5th Doctor) was the youngest actor to play the role, so
                            > there was more running around and energy with his Doctor.
                            > Each Doctor has his own personality, try and watch at least one story of
                            > each to get a feel for them. Hope this helps.

                            Which ones would you suggest?

                            I'd (probably) go for :
                            Hartnell: Dalek Invasion of Earth
                            Troughton: Ice Warriors
                            Pertwee: The Daemons.
                            T.Baker: Talons of Weng Chiang
                            P.Davison; Caves of Androzani
                            C.Baker: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeerm. .......probably the dalek
                            story...Resurrectio n, was it?
                            Sylveste McCoy: Curse of Fenric.





                            ____________________________________________________________________________________
                            Got a little couch potato?
                            Check out fun summer activities for kids.
                            http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.