Torchwood This Week - August 11, 2007

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2007
      TORCHWOOD THIS WEEK
      by Benjamin F. Elliott
      August 11, 2007
      Volume 1, Number 40
      The weekly guide to Torchwood transmissions.

      Torchwood will air on the People + Arts cable/satellite station for
      Mexico, Latin America, and South America. It starts on 28 August.
      People + Arts also aired Doctor Who in Spanish. They are in the
      middle of redoing their website - hopefully there will be broadcast
      times available by next week.

      Mexican viewers with Canal 22 will note that they actually aired
      Cyberwoman last week due to a pre-emption in an earlier week. Canal
      22 also pre-empts Torchwood this week. I don't know when the next
      episode will air.

      BBC America http://www.bbcamerica.com has put up its schedule for the
      weekend of Torchwood's launch (also the weekend of Doctor Who Series
      2 launch). Torchwood's broadcast times (adjust for local time in
      Central, Mountain, Alaska, and Hawaii):
      Saturday 8 September:
      9PM and Midnight EDT (6PM and 9PM PDT)
      Sunday 9 September:
      5PM EDT (2PM PDT)

      BBC America On Demand starts Torchwood on August 27 while HD Net
      starts Torchwood on September 17.

      Doctor Who schedule information is in This Week In Doctor Who
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho .

      I am trying to find websites and station information for some of the
      more elusive Torchwood sales. If you spot it airing or getting ready
      to air in your country, and I've missed it, let me know so it gets
      into the next edition and more fans get informed.

      Corrections and updates are welcome at torchwood-
      owner@yahoogroups.com , TWIDW on AIM, and thebfe on Yahoo Messenger.

      Torchwood Website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood
      Australian Website - http://www.ten.com.au/ten/tv_torchwood.html

      Australia:

      Network Ten http://www.ten.com.au http://www.sfsa.org.au
      There are exclusive interviews and clips on the Ten website as well
      as Torchwood De-Classified - as of this writing, you have to be in
      Australia to view the clips.
      Late Tuesday Midnight 1-09 "Random Shoes"
      Late 21 August Midnight 1-10 "Out Of Time"

      Southern Cross Ten
      http://www.mytalk.com.au/Stations/TV/SCTEN/Pages/Default.aspx
      (Regional service that carries portions of Network Ten's lineup)
      Late Tuesday Midnight 1-09 "Random Shoes"

      Sweden:

      TV4 Plus http://www.tv4.se
      Sunday 9PM, Late Friday 1:50AM CET 1-10 "Out Of Time"
      Sunday 10PM, Late Friday 2:40AM CET 1-11 "Combat"
      19 August 9PM CET 1-12 "Captain Jack Harkness"
      19 August 10PM CET 1-13 "Out Of Time"

      Mexico:

      Canal 22 http://www.canal22.org.mx/main.html
      Episodes air as 2 parters.
      Monday - pre-empted
      Wednesday - pre-empted
      Next story due to air - Small Worlds

      SPAIN:

      Cuatro http://www.cuatro.com
      Late Sunday 1AM CET 1-03 "Ghost Machine"

      USA:

      BBC America On Demand (certain digital cable systems, not on
      satellite)
      Starting 27 August:
      Preview - Welcome To Torchwood
      1-01 "Everything Changes" (BBC America has run shows unedited for
      content and time on the On Demand service - time will tell)

      BBC America http://www.bbcamerica.com
      8 September 9PM and Midnight EDT/6 and 9PM PDT, 9 September 5PM
      EDT/2PM PDT 1-01 "Everything Changes"

      HD Net http://www.hd.net
      17 September 7PM and 10PM and 1AM EDT/4PM and 7PM and 10PM PDT 1-
      01 "Everything Changes"

      LATIN AMERICA:

      People + Arts
      28 August 1-01 "Everything Changes"

      ITALY:

      Jimmy http://www.jimmy140.it
      http://www.jimmy140.it/contenuti/serie/torchwood/1
      Dubbed into Italian
      3 September 9PM CET 1-01 "Everything Changes" (Italian premiere)

      UK Broadcasts:

      BBC HD http://www.bbc.co.uk/hd http://www.radiotimes.com
      No repeats scheduled in next 2 weeks.

      Stations That Will/Have Aired Torchwood:

      CANADA - CBC TV http://www.cbc.ca/television - Fall 2007, reported to
      be Fridays 9PM
      NEW ZEALAND - TV2 http://www.tvnz.co.nz
      UKRAINE - ICTV
      FRANCE - NRJ 12 http://www.nrj12.fr
      TURKEY - TRT
      CANADA - Ztele http://www.ztele.com/index.jsp
      SOUTH KOREA - KNN
      Israel - Yes Stars 2 http://www.yes.co.il - Series 1 completed.
      And other countries who I haven't seen identified yet

      Series 2 - coming early 2008. 13 episodes, premieres on BBC Two.

      Thanks for reading. Until next week, take care. Vote Saxon.

      Doctor Who is a BBC Trademark. Copyright 2007.