new member question

  • Daren
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
      Im in Oz and TORCHWOOD airs on the 10 network and not the ABC as you'd think but one thing that struck me is the picture quality it is very low def and I thought the show was filmed on the cheap but then I got the first DVD of season 1 eps 1-5 and the picture quality was fine so my question is can anyone explain the difference or reason for the lower quality picture of the free to air compared to DVD and no it has nothing to do with how DVD is so much better rah rah rah it's got something to do with how the TV Network copied it from whatever master it got

      Cheers
      Daren

    • Russ
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
        I work at a TV station in the US and we air everything out of a server that unfortunately makes everything look grainy due to the compression. That may be the problem, as most broadcast standard media have good resolution.

        Russ
        (Groovy Channel 27)

        Daren <twoshedsluxury@...> wrote:
        Im in Oz and TORCHWOOD airs on the 10 network and not the ABC as you'd think but one thing that struck me is the picture quality it is very low def and I thought the show was filmed on the cheap but then I got the first DVD of season 1 eps 1-5 and the picture quality was fine so my question is can anyone explain the difference or reason for the lower quality picture of the free to air compared to DVD and no it has nothing to do with how DVD is so much better rah rah rah it's got something to do with how the TV Network copied it from whatever master it got

        Cheers
        Daren

        Yahoo! Groups Links