SDCC: DW & TW final report

  • Craig J. Ries
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2007
      Ok, just wanted to offer up final thoughts on the presence of Dr Who and
      Torchwood at Comic-Con this year.

      As I mentioned before: Torchwood panel, Noel Clarke autograph, Inkworks
      trading cards, and Weta showing two of the four statues they intend to
      produce.

      The two statues were: the opened Dalek from "Dalek", which was mostly
      complete, and the Cyber Controller in its chair from "Age of Steel".

      The other two statues were never shown, but somebody really wanted us to
      get some decent pictures of the statues, because they kept shifting the
      covers each day: one day you could see the 4th Doctor's scarf, another
      you could see the shoes, then a cigar being held, and part of a Dalek
      casing.

      Cards in front of the statues did indicate the story that these two were
      inspired from, which are: the 4th Doctor and Davros (from "Genesis of
      the Daleks", and the Master and Auton (from "Terror of the Autons").

      Also, an announcement was made late Friday that IDW will be publishing
      Doctor Who comic books, with the possibility that they could do trade
      reprints of the old Marvel comics. These will be 10th Doctor stories,
      but no word yet on the creative team.

      Finally, I picked up a Micro Talking Dalek Classic toy at one of the
      booths. It goes nicely with my Skutter. :)

      Craig J. Ries