Welcome To Torchwood

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2005
      At around Midnight UK Time on Monday October 17, 2005, news broke
      that Doctor Who would spawn a spinoff series - Torchwood. It occured
      to me that there should be a group online to discuss the series when
      people want to do so. Not seeing one yet - I created it.

      Torchwood
      Created by Russell T. Davies
      Produced by James Hawkes
      BBC Three
      Episodes intended for post-watershed (9PM or later)
      13 Episode Series
      Length - 45 minutes each
      2006 (Premiere Date TBA)
      Starring John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness
      other cast TBA
      A specialized team led by Jack investigates Alien activities and
      crime in Modern day Britain.

      Could be really great. Could be another forgotten spinoff that just
      didn't make the grade. Could be anywhere in between. And hopefully
      this group will be here for the success/failure/in-between-ness that
      awaits.

      Just mind your manners with each other and enjoy the ride.

      Benjamin Elliott
      PS - What have I done?

    • Paul Hayes
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2005
        Not to mention PJ Hammond, he of "Sapphire & Steel" fame, also on
        writing duties. I think this actually has to be the most exciting
        piece of news related to the new show so far for me - I know S&S was a
        long time ago, but if Hammond can recapture anything like that form on
        "Torchwood", then we're going to be very lucky viewers indeed.