Re: [torchwood] First posting to the group

  • Patrick Power
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      I think if you check the BBC website for DW, there is a news story from a couple of weeks ago that the DW toys have been licensed to a company here in the US for productions and sales. www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

      virgo_teddybear <daddykarl@...> wrote:
      I would like to say a friendly hello to all my fellow members
      regardless of which side of the Titanic they live on, has a better
      ring than 'across the pond' in my mind. I am near Chicago in the USA
      myself. I have only seen series one of the new who. I do not have
      cable and will just wait until January to see series two. MY 'quest'
      currently is to locate the character options figures.

      And a big thank you to the member that posted the first two episodes
      so that we could see them!

      For a while there I was starting to feel like Benton listening to
      the Brig and the Doctor talking in the UNIT canteen. But now I feel
      like Sarah Jane after seeing the episodes.

      I am debating as to the merits of giving my opinion of the series
      (TORCHWOOD) so far. We all have our own opinion of it and I am sure
      it is based on our own outlook on life.

      So maybe an out of left field comment might be better, with the idea
      of spinoffs why didnt they think of having the Time Wars as a
      series? I would think it would be the perfect opportunity for Paul
      McGann to be the Doctor again. Near the end of it Chris E. could
      make an appearance. Since he looked in the Mirror in "Rose" and had
      flipped his ears I got the impression he had recently regenerated or
      had been on Karfel for a long time. As this is a TORCHWOOD forum and
      not a who forum, I wont discuss WHO.

      Patrick Power

    • David King
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
        I was thinking along the same lines myself, re the whole Time War
        scenario and use Paul McGann as the Doctor again, as a spinoff.
        Torchwood is doing well, and Doctor Who has done so well, that if
        resources were there, I am sure that it would be worth making and would
        be a success. And a chance to see more Daleks and Time Lords. And we
        could find out what caused it. Was it caused by the spirit of the
        Master, whom the Doctor took to Skaro, the Dalek homeworld, when played
        by McGann?

        I was thinking as well, that it is even feasible to have the Doctor
        appear in Torchwood, but NOT the current Doctor. He said earlier that he
        remembered Harriet Jones being Prime Minister in the near future, so
        either as Eccleston or McGann he would have visited the Earth at that
        time, and maybe at the time of the current Torchwood series.

        If they have not put that into the first series already, maybe it could
        go into the second series. Although in the Torchwood episode of Doctor
        Who, the Doctor was surprised to find Torchwood and said he had never
        heard of it before, and Torchwood said they had kept themselves secret
        from him. So there could not be any knowledge of Torchwood, but maybe a
        brief visit involving one of the characters meeting the Doctor and
        reporting back to Captain Jack, who then wants to go off and find the
        Doctor to find out why he is now immortal. Except that the Doctor would
        not remember Capt Jack as to the Doctor, their meeting in WW2 is still
        future.

        So many possibilities, we can only hope that the BBC will make the
        resources available to explore many avenues of the Doctor Who universe.

        David