Re: [torchwood] Re: Whats up with Jack

  • David King
    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 2, 2006
      Elizabeth Holden wrote:
      >> Yvonne implied answerability to the British government
      >> (or the potential government of the British Empire) in
      >> "Doomsday", but that's all defunct now.

      I think that Yvonne was a rather strange character, with various
      psychological problems, and that any references she made to the British
      Empire was part of her own personal fantasy, rather than Torchwood policy.

      She probably had visions of a British Empire in space, but that was not
      going to happen and as she was antagonisitic towards the Doctor I
      believe that she was not a suitable person to even be at Torchwood. A
      mental asylum comes to mind as being more suitable.

      Torchwood is not answerable to anyone, although it obviously can command
      support from the British Army as and when necessary. No doubt it may
      also be able to command support from U.N.I.T. when necessary.

      Of course, Torchwood is a new idea, and even though set up by Queen
      Victoria, there was no mention of it in the time between then and now in
      Doctor Who other than in 2006.

      David
    • elliot02uk
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 24, 2008
        According to an interview John did on BBC Radio London this morning,
        TW season 3 will be shown "about June" next year. This came directly
        from John and I've never known him to give incorrect information.

        Jean B