Re: [torchwood] Re: Whats up with Jack

  • Elizabeth Holden
    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 1, 2006
      > dickyb61 wrote:
      > >
      > > So he heads up Torchwood, and as he is not
      > > answerable to the Government of the day -
      > > who is Torchwood accountable to?

      I don't think it is answerable. That is, I think the
      Cardiff operation is answerable only to Jack, and that
      the connections to the other Torchwood offices (except
      #4) are a matter of shared information, rather than
      shared allegiance to any authority. Until they tell
      us more - who knows?

      Yvonne implied answerability to the British government
      (or the potential government of the British Empire) in
      "Doomsday", but that's all defunct now.

      --- David King <learn@...> wrote:

      > Torchwood can only be accountable to the Doctor.
      > Especially as he and rose saved the Earth from
      > the Daleks and Cybermen at Torchwood 1.

      Well... yes and no. Torchwood was created to protect
      the world (specifically the empire of Victoria) from
      aliens such as the Doctor. Its mandate has... shifted.

      I think we can guess that yes, Jack would consider
      himself answerable to the Doctor, if the Doctor were
      only around to answer to. Since the Doctor is missing
      and not in communication with Jack at all, it becomes
      a moot point.

      namaste,
      Elizabeth
    • elliot02uk
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 24, 2008
        According to an interview John did on BBC Radio London this morning,
        TW season 3 will be shown "about June" next year. This came directly
        from John and I've never known him to give incorrect information.

        Jean B