It's fascinating to watch Barrowman...

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2007
      Issue Date: 5/17/2007, Posted On: 5/16/2007

      Billy Masters

      [excerpt]

      I've got a secret. No, I'm not channeling Betsy
      Palmer ­ or even Anne Francis. I have always
      wanted to play the lead in Joseph and the Amazing
      Technicolor Dreamcoat. I've also always wanted to
      play the lead in Evita. But, while I may be
      slightly old for Joseph (although that didn't
      stopped many of my colleagues), I'm decidedly
      wrong for Evita (although that didn't stop
      Madonna). Perhaps someone out there is putting on
      a production and would like to cast me. It
      doesn't have to be a big deal ­ maybe a church, a
      high school gymnasium, a shopping mall. I'm not picky.
      <http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/pfyre/torchwood/johnbarrowman/joseph/300dream_panel2.jpg>
      []

      The reason for my renewed Joseph fervor is
      because I'm hooked on yet another one of those
      British talent shows that I love so much. This
      one is to find a suitable Joseph to head a West
      End revival. Any Dream Will Do is hosted by
      Graham Norton, judged by Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber,
      has a panel that includes John Barrowman, and has
      cute contestants ­ what's not to like? It's
      fascinating to watch Barrowman turn into a
      "Daddy" before my very eyes ­ he actually called
      one of the contestants "Son". Like sands through the hourglass.

      http://baywindows.com/ME2/Audiences/dirmod.asp?sid=008EC9FBCFF24AD18614290016BE1303&nm=Current+Issue&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&AudID=0813BC739F2044E5A03DCF2DE3FDF7C9&tier=4&id=79C2940A47F741299E3373A93D4724AA