Re: DW trailer with Capt Jack (w/ Spoilers)

  • donutsweeps
    Message 1 of 23 , May 5 7:17 PM
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, msunshne <msunshne@...> wrote:

      > I can't be the only one who thinks Jack hanging
      > onto the Tardis while it's hurtling through space
      > is ridiculous?

      utterly unbelieveably so
      That's why I had hoped the spoiler was faulty... that someone reported
      it somewhere as a joke and it just mushroomed, being spread on the web
      from site to site
    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 23 , May 5 7:50 PM
        From: donutsweeps <donutsweeps@...>

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 07:30 PM 5/5/2007, msunshne wrote:
        > ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
        > >I've never had a problem w/ Doctor Who vids or
        > >audio in the US. Only Torchwood.
        > >
        > >Speaking of the trailer.......

        > >SPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACE
        > >SPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACE
        > >

        > but yeah.. it did look like Jack was at the
        > Millenium Plaze and running and jumping, like the spoilers said
        >(that he travels on the tardis, not inside)... but... didn't it look
        > like he had his jacket AND a backpack on in those shots? When we
        > last saw him in TW he had on neither. I'd be very suprised if RTD
        > wrote it so there is so little correlation between the two shows.

        At the end of TW Ep. 13, he's definitely got his coat on. He's putting it on as he sees the hand jar bubbling.

        http://gallery.chaotic-creative.com/gallery/v/screencaps/torchwood/113-ep/869.jpg.html

        -lynn
      • Craig J. Ries
        Message 3 of 23 , May 5 8:10 PM
          pfyre wrote:
          >> Speaking of the trailer.......

          > seems pretty damned stupid to me for them to discount the ending of TW

          Agreed. But I think at this point it's best to wait and see what
          actually happens rather than make a rush to judgment.

          In the end, with the attitude of how TW cannot truly cross over into DW,
          it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to change it.

          Craig J. Ries
        • Orchid
          Message 4 of 23 , May 6 5:02 AM
            > I can't be the only one who thinks Jack hanging
            > onto the Tardis while it's hurtling through space
            > is ridiculous?

            I suppose it would be stupid if not for the fact he's pretty much invincible
            and so it makes no difference whether he rides inside or out... Supposedly
            the man is desperate for answers, if you're desperate, you'll do anything
            LOL

            Pat
          • donutsweeps
            Message 5 of 23 , May 6 8:06 PM
              --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Craig J. Ries" <silvanthalas@...>
              wrote:

              > pfyre wrote:
              > >> Speaking of the trailer.......
              > >>

              > > seems pretty damned stupid to me for them to discount the ending
              of TW

              > Agreed. But I think at this point it's best to wait and see what
              > actually happens rather than make a rush to judgment.
              >
              > In the end, with the attitude of how TW cannot truly cross over
              into DW,
              > it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to change it.
              >
              > Craig J. Ries

              or... maybe the trailer doesn't show how Jack leaves Torchwood, but
              rather how he returns?
              Maybe what we see is not his diving to grab onto a disappearing
              Tardis instead he is diving to stop an assisination attempt or
              something?
              I'm grasping at straws, I know.....
            • Big Mo
              Message 6 of 23 , May 6 8:09 PM
                Message 7 of 23 , May 6 8:14 PM
                  Trailers can be very deceiving, don't believe what you see. Trailers are
                  almost always altered and editted to drawn you in but usually never
                  represent the true sequence.

                  John

                  > or... maybe the trailer doesn't show how Jack leaves Torchwood, but
                  > rather how he returns?

                  finally - someone is actually thinking...

                • debrabant_foundation
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 7 4:21 PM
                    --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, msunshne <msunshne@...> wrote:

                    > I can't be the only one who thinks Jack hanging
                    > onto the Tardis while it's hurtling through space
                    > is ridiculous?

                    Definitely not.... when I read this I immediately thought of the
                    phone booth from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure will all the
                    historical figures hanging out of it.
                    It just seems too rediculous to be DW...
                    <crosses fingers>

                    -Amanda
                  • Patrick Power
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 10 10:30 PM
                      Or just do like most of us outside the UK and find "gremlins" who bring these things to us. LOL

                      Margaret <margaretdb@...> wrote: The annoying thing is that only people in UK can watch this. I think when
                      the episodes of Dr Who/Torchwood are bought by other countries, these
                      "hidden" things on the BBC site should be available in those countries.

                      Margaret
                      Brisbane Australia.

                      Patrick Power

                      The Bug-Eyed Monster Society CBR Project
                      http://www.savefile.com/projects/1034885

                      Patrick's KISS & Other Rock-n-Roll Stuff
                      http://www.savefile.com/projects/1010826

                      On The Air (Old Time Radio files)
                      http://www.savefile.com/projects/1074887

                    • Elizabeth Holden
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 11 12:28 PM
                        > > >Speaking of the trailer.......

                        > > >SPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACE
                        > > >SPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACE

                        > (that he travels on the tardis, not inside)...
                        > but... didn't it look like he had his jacket AND
                        > a backpack on in those shots? When we
                        > last saw him in TW he had on neither. I'd be very
                        > suprised if RTD wrote it so there is so
                        > little correlation between the two shows.

                        I'm sure the continuity will work out. Meanwhile the
                        trailer served its purpose - it grabbed out attention!

                        namaste,
                        Elizabeth