RE: [torchwood] DW trailer with Capt Jack

  • Margaret
    Message 1 of 23 , May 5, 2007
      I will try that in future - thanks

      Margaret

      -----Original Message-----
      From: torchwood@yahoogroups.com [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Tricia
      Sent: Sunday, 6 May 2007 10:11 AM
      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [torchwood] DW trailer with Capt Jack

      >The annoying thing is that only people in UK can watch this. I think when
      >the episodes of Dr Who/Torchwood are bought by other countries, these
      >"hidden" things on the BBC site should be available in those countries.

      I'm in Australia and it played for me in RealMedia, the WMV wouldn't
      play though.

      Tricia

    • donutsweeps
      Message 2 of 23 , May 5, 2007
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, msunshne <msunshne@...> wrote:

        > I can't be the only one who thinks Jack hanging
        > onto the Tardis while it's hurtling through space
        > is ridiculous?

        utterly unbelieveably so
        That's why I had hoped the spoiler was faulty... that someone reported
        it somewhere as a joke and it just mushroomed, being spread on the web
        from site to site
      • Lynn
        Message 3 of 23 , May 5, 2007
          From: donutsweeps <donutsweeps@...>

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

          > At 07:30 PM 5/5/2007, msunshne wrote:
          > ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
          > >I've never had a problem w/ Doctor Who vids or
          > >audio in the US. Only Torchwood.
          > >
          > >Speaking of the trailer.......

          > >SPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACE
          > >SPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACE
          > >

          > but yeah.. it did look like Jack was at the
          > Millenium Plaze and running and jumping, like the spoilers said
          >(that he travels on the tardis, not inside)... but... didn't it look
          > like he had his jacket AND a backpack on in those shots? When we
          > last saw him in TW he had on neither. I'd be very suprised if RTD
          > wrote it so there is so little correlation between the two shows.

          At the end of TW Ep. 13, he's definitely got his coat on. He's putting it on as he sees the hand jar bubbling.

          http://gallery.chaotic-creative.com/gallery/v/screencaps/torchwood/113-ep/869.jpg.html

          -lynn
        • Craig J. Ries
          Message 4 of 23 , May 5, 2007
            pfyre wrote:
            >> Speaking of the trailer.......

            > seems pretty damned stupid to me for them to discount the ending of TW

            Agreed. But I think at this point it's best to wait and see what
            actually happens rather than make a rush to judgment.

            In the end, with the attitude of how TW cannot truly cross over into DW,
            it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to change it.

            Craig J. Ries
          • Orchid
            Message 5 of 23 , May 6, 2007
              > I can't be the only one who thinks Jack hanging
              > onto the Tardis while it's hurtling through space
              > is ridiculous?

              I suppose it would be stupid if not for the fact he's pretty much invincible
              and so it makes no difference whether he rides inside or out... Supposedly
              the man is desperate for answers, if you're desperate, you'll do anything
              LOL

              Pat
            • donutsweeps
              Message 6 of 23 , May 6, 2007
                --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Craig J. Ries" <silvanthalas@...>
                wrote:

                > pfyre wrote:
                > >> Speaking of the trailer.......
                > >>

                > > seems pretty damned stupid to me for them to discount the ending
                of TW

                > Agreed. But I think at this point it's best to wait and see what
                > actually happens rather than make a rush to judgment.
                >
                > In the end, with the attitude of how TW cannot truly cross over
                into DW,
                > it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to change it.
                >
                > Craig J. Ries

                or... maybe the trailer doesn't show how Jack leaves Torchwood, but
                rather how he returns?
                Maybe what we see is not his diving to grab onto a disappearing
                Tardis instead he is diving to stop an assisination attempt or
                something?
                I'm grasping at straws, I know.....
              • Big Mo
                Message 7 of 23 , May 6, 2007
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 6, 2007
                    Trailers can be very deceiving, don't believe what you see. Trailers are
                    almost always altered and editted to drawn you in but usually never
                    represent the true sequence.

                    John

                    > or... maybe the trailer doesn't show how Jack leaves Torchwood, but
                    > rather how he returns?

                    finally - someone is actually thinking...

                  • debrabant_foundation
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 7, 2007
                      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, msunshne <msunshne@...> wrote:

                      > I can't be the only one who thinks Jack hanging
                      > onto the Tardis while it's hurtling through space
                      > is ridiculous?

                      Definitely not.... when I read this I immediately thought of the
                      phone booth from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure will all the
                      historical figures hanging out of it.
                      It just seems too rediculous to be DW...
                      <crosses fingers>

                      -Amanda
                    • Patrick Power
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 10, 2007
                        Or just do like most of us outside the UK and find "gremlins" who bring these things to us. LOL

                        Margaret <margaretdb@...> wrote: The annoying thing is that only people in UK can watch this. I think when
                        the episodes of Dr Who/Torchwood are bought by other countries, these
                        "hidden" things on the BBC site should be available in those countries.

                        Margaret
                        Brisbane Australia.

                        Patrick Power

                        The Bug-Eyed Monster Society CBR Project
                        http://www.savefile.com/projects/1034885

                        Patrick's KISS & Other Rock-n-Roll Stuff
                        http://www.savefile.com/projects/1010826

                        On The Air (Old Time Radio files)
                        http://www.savefile.com/projects/1074887

                      • Elizabeth Holden
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 11, 2007
                          > > >Speaking of the trailer.......

                          > > >SPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACE
                          > > >SPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACESPOILERSPACE

                          > (that he travels on the tardis, not inside)...
                          > but... didn't it look like he had his jacket AND
                          > a backpack on in those shots? When we
                          > last saw him in TW he had on neither. I'd be very
                          > suprised if RTD wrote it so there is so
                          > little correlation between the two shows.

                          I'm sure the continuity will work out. Meanwhile the
                          trailer served its purpose - it grabbed out attention!

                          namaste,
                          Elizabeth