Torchwood This Week - April 11, 2007

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2007
      TORCHWOOD THIS WEEK
      by Benjamin F. Elliott
      April 11, 2007
      Volume 1, Number 25
      The weekly guide to Torchwood transmissions.

      Doctor Who schedule information is in This Week In Doctor Who
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho .

      Torchwood returns to BBC HD this Thursday. Next week the repeat run
      finishes with a double header. If there are a few weeks where
      Torchwood is not airing anywhere, this column will not go out on
      those weeks.

      Torchwood will air in Israel on Yes Stars 2 beginning Sunday 13 May
      at 10:15PM.

      In the US Torchwood will air on BBC America http://www.bbcamerica.com
      in their Saturday night SciFi slot that begins in June (though we
      don't know if Torchwood will air in June or later). The programs will
      air from 8 to 10PM Eastern - I'd expect a 9PM start time.

      Corrections and updates are welcome at torchwood-
      owner@yahoogroups.com , TWIDW on AIM, and thebfe on Yahoo Messenger.

      Torchwood Website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood
      *Note* - due to rights issues, all the video content on Torchwood's
      website is protected to only be seen in the UK.

      UK Broadcasts:

      BBC HD http://www.bbc.co.uk/hd http://www.radiotimes.com
      Thursday 10PM BST 1-11 "Combat"
      19 April 9PM BST 1-12 "Captain Jack Harkness"
      19 April 9:50PM BST 1-13 "End Of Days" (end of repeat run)

      Future Broadcasters of Torchwood:

      Israel - Yes Stars 2 - Sunday 13 May 10:15PM
      CANADA - CBC TV http://www.cbc.ca/television - Fall 2007
      NEW ZEALAND - TV2 http://www.tvnz.co.nz/tv2_index_skin/tv2_index_group
      SPAIN - Cuatro http://www.cuatro.com
      Sweden - TV4
      Australia - Network Ten
      USA - BBC America

      Series 2 - coming early 2008. 13 episodes, premieres on BBC Two.

      Thanks for reading. Until next week, take care.

      Doctor Who is a BBC Trademark. Copyright 2007.