Re: [torchwood] Re: out on a limb theory

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 27, 2006
      Colin <colinfit20@...> wrote:
      > Also, i would like to see, or hear what Cap thinks of rose being on
      > another earth, any ideas?

      Given that the doctor told Rose that she was listed as missing and
      declared dead it really depends whether much of Canary Wharf's
      internal monitoring system survived.
      It would still witness Rose being sucked into the breach after the
      Daleks and the Cybermen although there's a slight possibility they
      might have recordings showing Rose being grabbed by a human before
      both vanished shortly before the breach sealed up.
      Now if they have audio recordings they might know about the Parallel
      Earth other than it being the point of origin of the Cybermen.
      Unlikely, given the chance Jack might hope to warn the doctor so he
      can save Rose, but as for why he's in Cardiff its most likely
      because of the time rift and there's a chance he used that surfbord
      force field device to travel back in time possibly hoping he
      wouldn't survive the trip.
      Now given how Torchwood operates there's a good chance he was
      imprisoned by them and possibly helped fight in the battle against
      the Cybermen since we didn't actually see all of the fight.
      As for his immortality I suspect when Rose resurrected him she also
      reactivated the nanogenes he unknowingly carried since they were
      inactive but remained present because of his extended exposure to
      them which is probably why he wouldn't have been effected by the
      nanogenes released in the 1st season.
      Compare the scenes when the nanogenes were in use then add the
      possibility that like the doctor they've been enhanced by the power
      of the time vortex.
      Okay just an idea but well worth discussion.
      Take care!

      I thought Jack just had Rassilon's gift of immortality :)

      Russ

      Television, a medium. So called because it is neither rare nor well
      done.
      -- Ernie Kovacs

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • elliot02uk
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 24, 2008
        According to an interview John did on BBC Radio London this morning,
        TW season 3 will be shown "about June" next year. This came directly
        from John and I've never known him to give incorrect information.

        Jean B