Thoughts on Torchwood

  • Tim Horwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2006
      I enjoyed the first two episodes. The set is amazing, the amount of
      thought and work that has gone into it is quite something. I noticed
      with the music of Torchwood that strings , percussion and electronic
      instruments are mainly used. This seems to give it an edgier and darker
      atmosphere. The music seems less obtrusive and less emotional than with
      Dr Who. The black Torchwood car is accompanied by a string theme that
      seems to modulate to another key and back again with electronic effects.
      I noticed that when Gwen chases the Torchwood car the music is more
      percussive. Later as she tries to remember Torchwood the percussive
      music returns but in fragments. When she wanders around into the Pizza
      place the music is a slowed down version of the Torchwood car music. The
      overhead shots of Cardiff seems to give a more contemporary and
      glamorous feel to the programme.

      Tim Horwood