Tennant in Dr Who riddle - minor spoilers....

    Message 1 of 118 , Mar 23 4:55 AM
      Tennant in Dr Who riddle

      David Tennant ... and Freema Agyeman

      Dr Boom ... David Tennant and Freema Agyeman
      []

      By DEREK ROBINS
      March 23, 2007

      THE BBC has confirmed there'll be a fourth series of Doctor Who but it
      won't say if David Tennant will play the Time Lord.

      Speaking at the launch of the third run, executive producer Russell T
      Davies said: "I'm very excited about the fourth series. We have known about
      it for ages but I can't say anything else about it."

      David, 36, who has now made two series, remained tight-lipped about his
      future on the show.

      Russell also admitted that a spin-off movie would be "brilliant" but added:
      "There are no plans for one."

      The new 13-parter, starting March 31 on BBC1, begins with the episode Smith
      And Jones in which the Doctor first meets new assistant Martha Jones played
      by Freema Agyeman.

      Martha is a doctor in a London hospital, which is transported to the Moon
      by aliens who want to take over the Earth. There she and the Doctor meet up
      with the fearsome rhino-like alien stormtroopers the Judoon Dragoons.

      In the episode Martha and the Doctor share a kiss but David said that it's
      not a sign of a budding romance but a "genetic transfer" to imprint her
      with his DNA to save the human race.

      The second episode The Shakespeare Code sees the pair return to Elizabethan
      London where they meet the Bard who is being manipulated by a trio of alien
      witches set on taking over the planet.

      Later episodes will see the return of Captain Jack played by John Barrowman
      and a two-parter featuring the Daleks set in 1930s New York.

      Other monsters making appearances include the Face of Boe, an Insect Woman
      and some very frightening scarecrows. Life On Mars actor John Simm will
      star as the Doctor's arch enemy The Master.

      Guest stars in the new run include Michelle Collins, Ardal O'Hanlon,
      Jessica Stevenson and Roy Marsden.
      http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2007130477,00.html

    • Tim Horwood
      Message 118 of 118 , Apr 13, 2007
        In message <86693.41104.qm@...>, Lynn
        <lynnloschin@...> writes
        >From: Dirty Dingus McGee <dingus_75@...>
        >
        >> Tosh was in the episode 'Aliens of London'
        >
        >Yes, I'm well aware that she was. I was referring to her being in
        >future episodes of Doctor Who -- which she won't be.
        I suppose having Tish and Tosh in the same story might make it sound
        more like an under 5's cartoon.

        Tim Horwood