Re: [torchwood] Re: Captain Jack/Torchwood and the Doctor

  • Deborah Taylor
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 6, 2007
      Weren't the Tomorrow People time agents?

      Debs
      Born in tears
      Die in pain

      On 6 Mar 2007, at 21:02, Lynn wrote:

      > >What old-school DW episode?
      > >I don't remember the phrase ever being used on DW, but I'm not that
      > >familiar with the oldest stories (Hartnell & Troughton).
      >
      > It's from a 4th Doctor story (and I can't remember if it was TV or
      > a book) -- "The Talons of Weng-Chiang" -- which referenced 51st
      > century time agents. According to my classic Who guru, it's the
      > only mention of time agents that appears to be similar to the
      > references in the new series.
      >
      > -lynn

    • John Lawton
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 6, 2007
        Sapphire and Steel were time agents.

        John

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 7, 2007
          At 07:24 PM 3/6/2007, John Lawton wrote:
          ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
          >Sapphire and Steel were time agents.

          as I recall they were never specifically referred to as 'time agents'

          they investigated incidents revolving around disturbances/weakness in
          the fabric of 'time'
        • Deborah Taylor
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 7, 2007
            On 7 Mar 2007, at 09:47, pfyre wrote:

            > At 07:24 PM 3/6/2007, John Lawton wrote:
            > ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
            > >Sapphire and Steel were time agents.
            >
            > as I recall they were never specifically referred to as 'time agents'
            >
            > they investigated incidents revolving around disturbances/weakness in
            > the fabric of 'time'

            Sub-Atomic medium elements, weren't they?
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 7, 2007
              At 05:06 AM 3/7/2007, Deborah Taylor wrote:
              ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
              >On 7 Mar 2007, at 09:47, pfyre wrote:
              >
              > > At 07:24 PM 3/6/2007, John Lawton wrote:
              > > ***** BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE *****
              > > >Sapphire and Steel were time agents.
              > >
              > > as I recall they were never specifically referred to as 'time
              > agents'
              > >
              > > they investigated incidents revolving around disturbances/weakness
              > in
              > > the fabric of 'time'
              > >
              >Sub-Atomic medium elements, weren't they?

              something like that - though neither were really 'elements' as we know
              them
            • Jackie Moleski
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 7, 2007
                John Lawton wrote:

                > Sapphire and Steel were time agents.
                >
                > John

                Were they? I know they "solved" irregularities in time, but... well,
                you might be right tho'.
                Sapphire and Steel weren't human, however.

                GREAT show, tho!

                --Jackie