Re: [torchwood] Where to see Torchwood

  • David King
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
      I have seen the first episode of Torchwood on BBC3, will watch the
      second one today probably (recorded both on my PDVR).

      First episode was great, although the alien killing someone early on was
      too gory I think. Well, at least it is on too late for kids to watch (as
      if that will stop them).

      I see ideas in there coming from various places, including Highlander
      (for Jack Harkness and his new ability), and it was good to have some
      references to Doctor Who too.

      Looking forward to seeing more.

      David

      Keith A. Glass wrote:
      > We've been asking the same question on this side of the border.
      >
      > Luckily, I've seen "Everything Changes", as well as the first ~15
      > minutes of "Day One"
      >
      > They're on the computer at home.
      >

      > _._,___
    • Nicholas Payne
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
        I was just doing a play on words.Jack (as in Harkness)(Torchwood was)
        Sharp.

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, David King <learn@...> wrote:

        > Who is Jack Sharp?
        >

        > Nicholas Payne wrote:
        > > Loved the opening double header.Can't find any faults with the
        > > series.Exciting stuff.Looking forward to next week's thrilling
        > > instalment.

      • KarenUK
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
          We loved both episodes! My 13 & 14 year olds thought it was really good too,
          but we didn't let our 10 year old watch. I think it's fine for teens.
          Karen (UK).

          Subject: Re: [torchwood] Where to see Torchwood

          >I have seen the first episode of Torchwood on BBC3, will watch the
          > second one today probably (recorded both on my PDVR).
          >
          > First episode was great, although the alien killing someone early on was
          > too gory I think. Well, at least it is on too late for kids to watch (as
          > if that will stop them).
          >
          > I see ideas in there coming from various places, including Highlander
          > (for Jack Harkness and his new ability), and it was good to have some
          > references to Doctor Who too.
          >
          > Looking forward to seeing more.
          >
          > David

        • Amanda Brock
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
            I totally agree karen (hello btw)

            Amanda

            KarenUK <nhbr22476@...> wrote:
            We loved both episodes! My 13 & 14 year olds thought it was really good too,
            but we didn't let our 10 year old watch. I think it's fine for teens.
            Karen (UK).

            >I have seen the first episode of Torchwood on BBC3, will watch the
            > second one today probably (recorded both on my PDVR).
            >
            > First episode was great, although the alien killing someone early on was
            > too gory I think. Well, at least it is on too late for kids to watch (as
            > if that will stop them).
            >
            > I see ideas in there coming from various places, including Highlander
            > (for Jack Harkness and his new ability), and it was good to have some
            > references to Doctor Who too.
            >
            > Looking forward to seeing more.
            >
            > David

            Amanda