Ten signs BBC's hit Dr Who spin-off

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
      Ten signs BBC's hit Dr Who spin-off

      <http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/pfyre/torchwood/cast/group01a.jpg>
      []

      Wednesday Feb 28 19:09 AEDT

      Sizzling British sci-fi drama Torchwood, a Doctor
      Who spin-off about American air force renegade
      Captain Jack Harkness, has been licensed to Network Ten by BBC Worldwide.

      The adventure-packed series follows a team of
      global investigators led by the John
      Barrowman-played Harkness, who first appeared on Doctor Who in 2005.

      The department named Torchwood is dominated by
      bright young characters who make the most of
      alien technology which they scavenged from an alien wreckage to fight crime.

      The first episode of Torchwood was the most
      watched non-sport program ever to air on a
      British digital channel when it was shown on BBC Three.

      The program is directed straight at Ten's target
      16- to 39-year-old audience, it's sexy, clever and fast-paced.

      The Australian network has already shown great
      faith in the show by committing to a second
      series, which is yet to be completed.

      Ten head of programming Beverly McGarvey said:
      "Torchwood brings a sexy new twist to the
      traditional cop show genre that we at Ten are
      thrilled to have as part of our 2007 slate".

      Torchwood, written by Doctor Who, Casanova, and
      Queer as Folk's Russell T Davies has now been sold to nine countries.

      It was named after an anagram which was used to
      protect the secrecy of early Doctor Who roughcuts.
      []

      ©AAP 2007

      http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=229977

    • Jackie Moleski
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
        pfyre wrote:

        > Ten signs BBC's hit Dr Who spin-off
        >
        > <http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/pfyre/torchwood/cast/group01a.jpg
        > <http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/pfyre/torchwood/cast/group01a.jpg>>
        > []
        >
        > Wednesday Feb 28 19:09 AEDT
        >
        > Sizzling British sci-fi drama Torchwood, a Doctor
        > Who spin-off about American air force renegade
        > Captain Jack Harkness, has been licensed to Network Ten by BBC Worldwide.
        >
        > The adventure-packed series follows a team of
        > global investigators led by the John
        > Barrowman-played Harkness, who first appeared on Doctor Who in 2005.
        >
        > The department named Torchwood is dominated by
        > bright young characters who make the most of
        > alien technology which they scavenged from an alien wreckage to fight
        > crime.
        >
        > The first episode of Torchwood was the most
        > watched non-sport program ever to air on a
        > British digital channel when it was shown on BBC Three.
        >
        > The program is directed straight at Ten's target
        > 16- to 39-year-old audience, it's sexy, clever and fast-paced.
        >
        > The Australian network has already shown great
        > faith in the show by committing to a second
        > series, which is yet to be completed.
        >
        > Ten head of programming Beverly McGarvey said:
        > "Torchwood brings a sexy new twist to the
        > traditional cop show genre that we at Ten are
        > thrilled to have as part of our 2007 slate".
        >
        > Torchwood, written by Doctor Who, Casanova, and
        > Queer as Folk's Russell T Davies has now been sold to nine countries.
        >
        > It was named after an anagram which was used to
        > protect the secrecy of early Doctor Who roughcuts.
        > []
        >
        > ©AAP 2007
        >
        > http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=229977
        > <http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=229977>

        Not to sound totally ignornant here but, What is Network 10? Is it a UK
        satellite station or what?

        --Jackie M

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
          At 01:55 PM 2/28/2007, Jackie Moleski posted:
          ~~*~~*~~BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE~~*~~*~~

          > <http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=229977>http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=229977
          >
          > > <http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=229977>

          >Not to sound totally ignornant here but, What is Network 10? Is it a UK
          >satellite station or what?

          if you look at the addy for the source url .com.au

          Australia

        • Margaret
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1 1:17 AM
            It is an Australian TV station.

            I am surprised that the ABC is not showing it.

            I think I could do without the hundreds of advertisements which will make
            the show go to 1 hour.

            Margaret
            Brisbane Australia