Jack Sharp

  • Nicholas Payne
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 23, 2006
      Loved the opening double header.Can't find any faults with the
      series.Exciting stuff.Looking forward to next week's thrilling
      instalment.
    • Elizabeth Holden
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 23, 2006
        --- Nicholas Payne <nicholas_pyn@...> wrote:

        > Loved the opening double header.Can't find any
        > faults with the
        > series.Exciting stuff.Looking forward to next week's
        > thrilling instalment.

        I am jealous of anyone who saw it already!

        Has anyone heard anything about when the CBC is going
        to be showing it? Is *is* a CBC co-production, isn't
        it? Are they waiting till after they've finished
        showing "Doctor Who" second season?

        namaste,
        Elizabeth
      • Big Mo
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 23, 2006

          > I am jealous of anyone who saw it already!
          >
          > Has anyone heard anything about when the CBC is going
          > to be showing it? Is *is* a CBC co-production, isn't
          > it? Are they waiting till after they've finished
          > showing "Doctor Who" second season?
          >
          > namaste,
          > Elizabeth

          Webmaster's note:

          As I mentioned in an earlier post..while I am aware of Canada being the only
          country at this point to have announced that it will carry the show, I not
          aware of any plans as to when .

          George
        • Keith A. Glass
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 23, 2006
            We've been asking the same question on this side of the border.

            Luckily, I've seen "Everything Changes", as well as the first ~15 minutes of "Day One"

            They're on the computer at home.

            alt.binaries.drwho and BitTorrent are your friends. . .

            Elizabeth Holden wrote:

            --- Nicholas Payne <nicholas_pyn@ yahoo.co. uk> wrote:

            > Loved the opening double header.Can't find any
            > faults with the
            > series.Exciting stuff.Looking forward to next week's
            > thrilling instalment.

            I am jealous of anyone who saw it already!

            Has anyone heard anything about when the CBC is going
            to be showing it? Is *is* a CBC co-production, isn't
            it? Are they waiting till after they've finished
            showing "Doctor Who" second season?

          • David King
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
              Who is Jack Sharp?

              Nicholas Payne wrote:
              > Loved the opening double header.Can't find any faults with the
              > series.Exciting stuff.Looking forward to next week's thrilling
              > instalment.

            • David King
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
                I have seen the first episode of Torchwood on BBC3, will watch the
                second one today probably (recorded both on my PDVR).

                First episode was great, although the alien killing someone early on was
                too gory I think. Well, at least it is on too late for kids to watch (as
                if that will stop them).

                I see ideas in there coming from various places, including Highlander
                (for Jack Harkness and his new ability), and it was good to have some
                references to Doctor Who too.

                Looking forward to seeing more.

                David

                Keith A. Glass wrote:
                > We've been asking the same question on this side of the border.
                >
                > Luckily, I've seen "Everything Changes", as well as the first ~15
                > minutes of "Day One"
                >
                > They're on the computer at home.
                >

                > _._,___
              • Nicholas Payne
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
                  I was just doing a play on words.Jack (as in Harkness)(Torchwood was)
                  Sharp.

                  --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, David King <learn@...> wrote:

                  > Who is Jack Sharp?
                  >

                  > Nicholas Payne wrote:
                  > > Loved the opening double header.Can't find any faults with the
                  > > series.Exciting stuff.Looking forward to next week's thrilling
                  > > instalment.

                • KarenUK
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
                    We loved both episodes! My 13 & 14 year olds thought it was really good too,
                    but we didn't let our 10 year old watch. I think it's fine for teens.
                    Karen (UK).

                    Subject: Re: [torchwood] Where to see Torchwood

                    >I have seen the first episode of Torchwood on BBC3, will watch the
                    > second one today probably (recorded both on my PDVR).
                    >
                    > First episode was great, although the alien killing someone early on was
                    > too gory I think. Well, at least it is on too late for kids to watch (as
                    > if that will stop them).
                    >
                    > I see ideas in there coming from various places, including Highlander
                    > (for Jack Harkness and his new ability), and it was good to have some
                    > references to Doctor Who too.
                    >
                    > Looking forward to seeing more.
                    >
                    > David

                  • Amanda Brock
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
                      I totally agree karen (hello btw)

                      Amanda

                      KarenUK <nhbr22476@...> wrote:
                      We loved both episodes! My 13 & 14 year olds thought it was really good too,
                      but we didn't let our 10 year old watch. I think it's fine for teens.
                      Karen (UK).

                      >I have seen the first episode of Torchwood on BBC3, will watch the
                      > second one today probably (recorded both on my PDVR).
                      >
                      > First episode was great, although the alien killing someone early on was
                      > too gory I think. Well, at least it is on too late for kids to watch (as
                      > if that will stop them).
                      >
                      > I see ideas in there coming from various places, including Highlander
                      > (for Jack Harkness and his new ability), and it was good to have some
                      > references to Doctor Who too.
                      >
                      > Looking forward to seeing more.
                      >
                      > David

                      Amanda