Re: [torchwood] (One of) The Seven Best British TV Shows Unavailable on American DVD

  • Thomas Beck
    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 24, 2007
      Yes, that's definitely true.

      > *The Singing Detective* <http://snipurl.com/1b3hw> -- the original
      > British
      > miniseries, not the American film version -- has to be seen to be
      > believed).

      ----------------------------

      Thomas N. Beck

      Malvolio: http://averyspecialblog.blogspot.com

      Raxacoricofallapatorius: http://blonfelfotch.blogspot.com

      "Well, this train carries saints and sinners/This train carries losers
      and winners/This train carries whores and gamblers/This train carries
      lost souls/This train carries broken-hearted/This train - thieves and
      sweet souls departed/This train carries fools, carries kings/This train
      - all aboard!/I said, this train - dreams will not be thwarted/This
      train - faith will be rewarded/This train - hear the steel wheels
      singing/This train - bells of freedom ringing!"
      - Bruce Springsteen, "Land of Hope and Dreams"

    • Jackie Moleski
      Message 51 of 51 , Mar 7, 2007
        Russ wrote:

        > Your TV's internal speaker has caused the problem. When I got my last
        > set some 20 years ago I removed the speaker from it and I listen
        > through the stereo. Sure, it's lost some color but at least it's all
        > the same color. Your TV needs to be degaussed, and there are things
        > around the house that you can use. Go here for more info:
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degauss
        > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degauss>
        >
        > Sounds a bit like something out of Doctor Who doesn't it? Just be
        > careful not to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!

        Ah!!! Now you're talking my language. We talked about Degaussing in my
        A+ class. We even talked about how having your speakers too close to
        the monitor, could cause the monitor to have "issues".
        Somehow, I never connected that info to the large green or small purple
        blotches on the TV, I just figured it needed to be replaced (it IS an
        old TV).

        Thanks for the info and the link!

        --Jackie M