Re: [torchwood] Re: an older interview with John.... In space, no-one can hear you sing

  • Jackie Moleski
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
      debrabant_foundation wrote:

      > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Captain Jack Harkness joins the show in the ninth
      > > episode, 'The Empty Child', set in Second World
      > > War London during the Blitz. A former Time Agent,
      > > Jack has been travelling the universe, conning
      > > people to get what he needs to survive. But he is
      > > missing two years of his memory, erased by the Agents he used to
      > work for.
      > >

      > In watching the commentaries for DW, it was mentioned that they
      > started this idea and it was never mentioned again.
      > I thought about it and I can't think of Jack's lost memory being
      > mentioned either.
      >
      > Can anyone else think of a time where it was mentioned, either in TW
      > or DW? I think it is a really interesting aspect of his character
      > that seems to have been totally forgotten.
      >
      > -Amanda

      Hi--

      Yeah, this is an aspect of Jack's character that I'd like to see
      explored further. I'd love to know more about these "time agents".

      Tho' there is something really familiar about the phrase "time agent"
      --was there another British SF show with time agents? a novel, maybe?

      Sapphire and Steel were meant to investigate disturbances in time, but I
      don't think they were ever referred to as "time agents" (and neither
      character was really meant to be human either from what I picked up).

      --Jackie M