RE: [torchwood] Re: Torchwood This Week - October 18, 2006

  • Keith A. Glass
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 18, 2006
       Elizabeth replied . . .

      --- "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@speakeasy. net> wrote:

      > Ahem. Not all
      > Conservatives are alienated by
      gays.

      Heh - I know. I was trying to find a word more neutral
      and vague than 'homophobe'. No offense intended to
      any Conservatives in our midst!

      Well, TECHNICALLY I'm a Republican, of a Libertarian bent, but. . .

      > And besides, although John Harrowman is gay, I got
      > the
      impression
      > that Captain Jack was trysexual. . . he'd try

      ANYTHING sexual.

      Yup. I like that in a man.

      So does Capt. Jack.

      > We're talking Captain
      Kirk on steroids. .. (grin)

      Sounds like fun.

      As opposed, of course, to William Shatner. . .

      .

    • Keith A. Glass
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 18, 2006
        I said I was a Conservative.  I didn't say I was a Tory. . .

        Wrong side of the pond for that, and by the standards on THIS side of the Pond, the Tories aren't
        all that Conservative either. . .

        But enough of politics.  After all...  we DO know the genesis of the word, do we not ?

        Let's review:

        Poli = Greek root, meaning "many"

        Ticks = small, bloodsucking vermin

        It explains much . . . .

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 18, 2006
          --- "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

          > Well, TECHNICALLY I'm a Republican, of a Libertarian
          > bent, but. . .

          Heh. I'm never sure how these terms translate from one
          country to another. I tend to avoid political labels,
          myself.

          > > And besides, although John Harrowman is gay, I got
          > > the impression
          > > that Captain Jack was trysexual. . . he'd try
          > > ANYTHING sexual.
          >
          > Yup. I like that in a man.
          >
          > So does Capt. Jack.

          One of many reasons to admire him. There are others.

          namaste,
          Elizabeth