912Re: Jack / Ianto thoughts

  • donutsweeps
    Feb 1, 2007
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "debrabant_foundation"
      <debrabant_foundation@...> wrote:

      > I was thinking... I haven't watched all the eps yet (had some
      > distractions)
      > But... other than the "mouth to mouth" Jack gives Ianto in
      Cyberwoman,
      > is there any other on screen indications of anything going on
      between
      > them until the end of They Keep Killing Suzie? Ianto still seems
      quite
      > shaken up in Countrycide and he isn't really in Small World too
      much
      > (cept when both he and Jack find each other at the Hub at night,
      but
      > neither seems to be expecting the other to be there)
      > I didn't see anything. So it seems to just come out of nowhere.

      I had always wondered that as well. There is the slightest hint
      that they have something from the very beginning, when Jack
      introduces Ianto to Gwen when he says "and he looks good in a suit"
      to which Ianto replies (with a smile) "Careful, that's harassment
      sir." But there is an easy banter, a teasing way about it...
      then in the second episode when they are all discussing Jack's sex
      life over chinese food, Tosh says Owen think's Jack is gay, but she
      thinks he'll shag anything thats gorgeous and Ianto says "And I
      don't care" very quickly, almost too quickly.
      Obviously in both those scenes he still has Lisa, so is probably not
      involved with Jack in anyway but maybe it implies the undertones are
      there.

      > Did I miss something. We go from Ianto clearly being in love with
      Lisa
      > (that was her name, right?) in Cyberwoman, to him making a not-so-
      > clearly veiled proposition to Jack at the end of They Keep Killing
      > Suzie.
      >
      > I know I probably missed something. I would love to see the
      character
      > of Ianto explored a bit more. He really intrigues me. Any
      thoughts?

      The only other thing I can think of is in "Cyberwoman" when Jack is
      trying to raise Ianto over the comms and says something about
      wanting to hear Ianto's lovely Welch vowels or something like that,
      it could be taken jokeingly, or perhaps alluding to something else.
      But, Jack seemed happily suprised by Ianto's suggestion at the end
      of "They keep killing Susie" so I don't think you (or I) missed any
      overt clues regarding the relationship between Jack and Ianto.
      And I agree, I'd love to see Ianto more, he barely appears in a lot
      of the episodes
      > Oh, and on that note... I am working on a video for Ianto and I
      can't
      > seem to come up with a song. Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > -Amanda