8195Re: [torchwood] Will Torchwood Ever Return

  • dizzheart@aol.com
    Dec 9, 2012
      In a message dated 12/9/2012 3:28:23 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      catz@... writes:

      I think it was made pretty clear before his partner became ill that RTD
      wasn't too interested in resurrecting TW. I'm still not sure why the BBC
      would only get involved in MD when they had financial assistance with
      STARZ.
      I do not expect to see any further Torchwood episodes. Maybe a one-off
      someday, but it has been treated like a naughty stepchild ever since MD. We
      do this in the US, too, kill off shows with great ratings for unknown
      reasons. I doubt we'll ever know what really happened.

      Cheery message for a Sunday morning. >>>>>

      BBC is interested in expanding its brand in America. They sent people to
      the US to explore the possibility of co-producing shows. Fox almost took
      Torchwood, then backed out, and it found a home at Starz. Miracle Day's
      ratings weren't all that great and there was a lot of comment that Torchwood
      was too Americanized for hardcore Torchwood fans and Brits, and too British
      for the Americans. Many just didn't like the storyline.

      Now that ITV's Downton Abbey has become wildly popular, maybe Torchwood
      would have had a better reception today.

      If BBC wants to, it can revive Torchwood anytime by itself; it doesn't
      seem that Starz owns the material. As long as Davies agrees or participates.

      At least that's the way I heard it :)

      Janice