      From: torchwood@yahoogroups.com [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of gilbeymichael11
      Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 15:59
      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [torchwood] Russel T Davies & CoE

      Many have been critical of Davies for some of the things we saw in CoE but
      if he had made it any different to the way he did I'm not sure we would have
      a 4th series to look foward to. If a programme is to be a success you have
      to be bold and do things totally unexpected in order to get your audience's
      attention, even if some of those things are not approved of by some of the
      viewers. If CoE had a more predictable plot with the usual fairy tale
      ending then it would not have had the interest it did and we would probably
      have seen the last of it. The reason many TV shows fail, particularly
      American shows, is due to lack of imagination and audience involvement.
      Only the great shows can rise above being just mass entertainment and I
      would now number Torchwood among these shows.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic