6067Re: [torchwood] Re: BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself

    Dec 6, 2008
      At 01:26 PM 12/6/2008, Rebecca jo, annotated:
      >Oh yes, Let's!
      >
      >On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Michele
      ><<mailto:ninanki%40gmail.com>ninanki@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I'm offended, too. Maybe we should call John and insist on a repeat
      > > performance.

      LOL - I love it - I think this tidbit from online about sums up my reaction:

      Tom Sutcliffe: Giggles with Mr Eliot

      The Week In Culture

      Friday, 5 December 2008

      [excerpt]

      The realm of self-righteous offence has expanded
      further with the news that the BBC is under fire
      for having broadcast the inaudible noise John
      Barrowman's (left) genitals make when exposed to
      a microphone. The offending articles weren't
      described and can have only had an adverse effect
      on listeners who tried to imagine them, which is
      their problem, not the BBC's. I don't want an
      apology, but I would love an explanation of
      Barrowman's clarification – "I didn't take the
      whole thing out, but I got my fruit and nuts
      out." If the fruit and nuts were out, what was
      left behind? And what would Humphrey Lyttelton,
      late grand-master of the filthy mental image,
      make of this new anxiety at the BBC? His account,
      in one broadcast, of how Samantha was going out
      for an ice cream with an Italian friend and
      looking forward to "licking the nuts off a large
      Neapolitan" would now, presumably, be accompanied
      by an instantaneous expression of regret.

      source:
      <http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/thomas-sutcliffe/tom-sutcliffe-la-never-did-deal-in-reality-i-suppose-1051786.html>
      ------

      LOL! has to be one of the best commentaries on this-ever! LOL!