5445Re: DT about his involvement or lack thereof in the next series of DW (SPOILERS)

  • badblokebob
    Jul 4, 2008
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, TicTacOrange@... wrote:

      > *
      >

      > *
      >

      > *
      >

      > *
      >

      > *
      >

      > *
      >

      > *
      >

      > *
      >

      > *
      >

      > *
      > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7442418.stm
      >
      > He confirms that he's all ready been signed on DEFINITELY to film
      the specials next year. So- unless he's just out right lying, he's
      not regenerating... I hope.

      Note when that video was posted though -- almost a month ago, and he
      confirmed he was definitely doing the specials much earlier than
      that. Considering RTD's penchant for lying (see: Daleks in season 2;
      the return of the Master; etc), and Tennant's 'on message' approach
      to publicity, he could well have been lying to preserve the mystery.

      Personally, though, I reckon there's some twist to the regeneration --
      if he was actually changing, revealing the new actor would've been a
      greater cliffhanger than the regeneration itself, I'm sure. From a
      publicity perspective, the cliffhanger they've got is a bit like
      saying to the papers, "we have a new actor, you have one week to leak
      it". Doesn't seem a very RTD-like gamble. But you never know...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic