54Re: [torchwood] Re: About the Doctor Who Premiere on Sci Fi Channel

  • Patrick Power
    Mar 14, 2006
      My little group is getting together the night after and having St. Who party (which is St. Patrick's day renamed in honor of the U.S. premiere). I know everyone will have already watched the new episodes, so we are watching some classic stuff to re-ignite their passion for the classic series as well. Sneaky me. LOL

      Katherine <sentient.toaster@...> wrote:
      Having a little "Welcome to America" party with my friends - forcing
      everyone who hasn't seen it yet to come. Definitely going to write
      SciFi as well.

      -Kath

      On 3/12/06, Doctor Wholittle <doctorwholittle@...> wrote:

      > Oh, TRUST me; I've already got it programmed regularly on my PVR, & I plan
      > to tell Sci-Fi how very pleased I am that they finally came to their senses
      > & are broadcasting one of the most influential series SF's ever had (not as
      > acerbically, to be sure).
      >
      > I, too, urge everyone to WRITEWRITEWRITEWRITEWRITE to Sci-Fi Channel.
      >
      > -- The Doctor
      >
      > torchwood@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > From: Patrick Power
      > Subject: About the Doctor Who Premiere on Sci Fi Channel
      >

      > As everyone knows, or should know, the new Doctor Who series is FINALLY
      > premiering in the United States on Sci Fi Channel at 9 PM EST on Friday
      > march 17. I implore you to watch. It took a year for SFC to pick up the
      > series after it was already in nearly every other TV market in the world.
      > Even if you have already seen the series through other means, PLEASE watch
      > and email SFC to let them know you are watching. Spread the word to all your
      > friends to watch as well and tell them to email SFC. Their email address is
      > feedback@... The whole purpose of this is to make sure that we
      > hopefully won't have to wait another year to see the second season which
      > premieres on BBC next month. You won't regret watching this brilliant series
      > even if you are not a fan of the old series. Thanks everyone!
      >
      > Patrick
      >

      > Patrick Power
      > Proud Founder of The Bug-Eyed Monster Society!!!
      > http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com
      >
      > American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
      > http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/
      >
      > The B.E.M. Society Yahoo Group Main Page:
      >
      > Are you into Sci Fi, Fantasy & Horror? Are You Looking for Your Soulmate?
      > Try The Sci Fi Soulmates Yahoo Group!
      >
      > "A life lived without passion is a life not lived."

      Patrick Power
      http://BugEyedMonsterSociety.bravehost.com

      American Whovian: A Site for U.S. Doctor Who Fans
      http://americanwhovian.bravehost.com/

      Yahoo! Mail