405Re: Torchwood ending [spoilers]

  • Ask me
    Jan 3, 2007
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Will Vigar" <giant.squid@...> wrote:

      > On 03/01/07, Ask me <cyber_corsair@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry did mean to sound homophobic but there is homosexual stuff that
      > > is just there and they there is over kill.. We all know Jack is open
      > > to being sexual with anyone(or anything Alien or human)But after watch
      > > near every eps back to back it was getting boring and a bit over kill.
      >

      > Actually, in some respects, I sort of agree with you, not
      specifically about
      > the gay thing, but the sexuality altogether. It's not exactly
      subtle, is
      > it? I mean look to those first few episodes....any excuse for
      someone to be
      > shaggin anything. It got a bit tiresome. The writers were extremely
      > juvenile in their writing, feeling it neccessary to say ' look we can be
      > sexy' at every opportunity.
      >
      > I'm all for sexuality as part of a plot (the now infamous gay
      kiss....wel I
      > say infamous, on this group at least ;-D) but just sticking it in
      because
      > you can is a bit...well...sixth form, really....

      > > --

      YES!!YES!!! thats what was trying to say (I'm not that great with
      worlds so sorry) But yes it seem to me sex at every opportunity as
      well and to others too. sexuality in plot is fine(its working for
      BattleStar) but it could be less juvenile in some ways. The second eps
      was good but it was like who many guys got Poof into dust? I was
      laughing at it more than anything...

      And I will say even some of my friend that are gay were a bit taken
      back at the Kiss.. they saw it more for ratings than story..

      Jack would have known before he met the other Jack that he was
      gay..even a con-man get to know something about the identity of some
      they are stealing. Jack knew too much about how he died to not know.

      what i was hoping for was Jack meeting him self when I read the
      outline in the eps guide.. that would have been even more of a
      storyline lol Would Jack have kissed him self? lol

      I think we know that answer ...and it wouldn't be subtle lol

      CC