3465Re: SPOILERS for 2x08

  • seagull0031
    Mar 1, 2008
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Craig J. Ries" <silvanthalas@...>
      wrote:

      > Susanna Sorvali wrote:

      <snip>

      > So, when it comes to how Owen can talk but not give CPR, I'm not
      > even
      > sure it's worth worrying about. He's a zombie... you gotta take the
      > stuff they can't explain with the stuff they can explain. ;)

      I agree, it's just that there are so many of these in this episode.

      E.g. Martha says because he's dead, Owen's body can't heal anymore.
      What's broken or wounded stays that way.
      Okay, fine, if that's what being dead means on TW.
      It's not like I have first hand knowledge of this particular
      situation :)

      But then, just how is it possible for Owen to work out and create
      muscle tissue????

      > I didn't expect much for this episode, but it's quite possible
      > that, in
      > terms of writing (re: ignore plot holes for the moment), it might
      > be the best of the season.
      > What they've done with Owen really is great sci-fi,
      > and I'm so happy that they've taken the time to analyze his
      > situation in multiple episodes,
      > even if there's problems with said explanations.

      While I agree with you how they dealt with Owen was very good, I
      don't think 2x08 is the best so far.
      What almost destroyed this episode for me was how Gwen suddenly
      seemed to run the team.
      When did she become boss? Did I miss something in 2x07?

      Or did Adam plant a fake memory in my brain as well?
      Pass the Retcon please. :)

      Pat
    • Show all 39 messages in this topic