Re: [topincs] migration to nginx

  • Robert Cerny
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2013
      Hi Priotr,

      My main objective in the Apache and Topincs integration was that it is possible to occupy any URL space below a domain without the need for a general 'root', e.g. everything under /topincs. Plus it should be possible to run different stores under different Topincs versions, just in case.

      So Apache does two things for Topincs:

      1. The rewrite rules basically cut off the store path prefix (e.g. /trial/movies) and pass the result on to TOPINCS_HOME/docroot/.topincs.
      2. Based on the path prefix it maps the URL to a store (database). This is done by setting an Apache environment variable in the configuration. This variable is read in .topincs only.

      So once you manage to provide .topincs with the above, you are set. Let me know how it worked out for. If it is fairly straight forward, i can added a section to the docs "Topincs under Nginx". Or, even better, you post something on your blog which i can link to.

      Robert

      Piotr wrote:

      Hi Robert,

      I am thinking about trying to test nginx with Topincs instead of Apache. I wonder how much Apache dependent is the Topincs' code. Would migration involve much more than converting Apache directives in topincs/conf/httpd.conf nginx rules?

      Best

      Piotr

      --
      Robert