GRE in October

  • pawz_107
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2007
      Hi everyone,
      My name is Pawan and I am doingmy final year in Mechanical
      enginneering.I plan to take the GRE exam at the end of October and I
      have already started with the Brron's Wordlist.So far I have completed
      six wordlists but I havent touched the quant part.Please help me as to
      how should I proceed so that I have enought time to finish the verbal
      section in september and to atleast start the quant part by the end of
      sept.What should be the ideal amount ot time in which one can finsih
      studying the quantitative section?

      Thanks in advance
    • ranu gokhroo

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8 1:00 PM
          Hi Pawan,

          The quantitative section in the GRE is not very difficult and I think you have enough time to master it even if you start immediately.
          You should not necessarily aim to complete it in a definite amount of time as such... daily practice of a few random problems from different exercises would be ideal.  Since you're in engineering, you will find the maths rather simple as the GRE math is of the school level (and separately Indians always do well in quants.....)
          But at the same time it isn't trivial, and you will need time for it.. specially for Data Analysis and Arithmetic
          which are often quite tricky.
          Also remember to practice a few GRE mock tests with timing because timing after all is very important.

          A bit of advice w.r.t. English - it's good that you're studying the word lists from Barron's, but another good book for vocab
          is the Princeton Review which has a 'hit list' of 300 most frequently asked words which are definitely worth studying.
          Also, don't forget that besides vocab, there are analogies, antonyms, sentence completions and comprehensions that you need to practice too.. specially the analogies.

          number2.com is a v good website on which you can practice every section of the GRE.

          All the best !

          H.M.B.

        • shilpamratan
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11 8:58 PM
            Dear Pawan,
            my GRE date is in december and about the time duration u ve asked it
            generally happens that u r palled with the barron n want a break. so i
            ll suggest u to take both the things side by side. as per my personal
            experience i can say u cant afford even a day to revise the words u
            studied.
            hope this would ve cleared a bit of ur confusion.
            bbye
            --- In topgre@yahoogroups.com, "pawz_107" <pawz_107@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            > My name is Pawan and I am doingmy final year in Mechanical
            > enginneering.I plan to take the GRE exam at the end of October and I
            > have already started with the Brron's Wordlist.So far I have
            completed
            > six wordlists but I havent touched the quant part.Please help me as
            > how should I proceed so that I have enought time to finish the
            verbal
            > section in september and to atleast start the quant part by the end
            of
            > sept.What should be the ideal amount ot time in which one can finsih
            > studying the quantitative section?
            >
            > Thanks in advance

          • Archana Naik
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 24, 2007
              I need Princeton Review's hitlist. Can anyone please send it to me through mail.
              Thank you.

              Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here.