Re: [topgre] GRE

  • jobin thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2007
      I really dunno whether Im correct.. However, I suppose its like, the tough questions are weighed more than the rest... In verbal, the passages are given more priority than the rest... In quants, be creful with the geometry questions.

      soniya v patil <soniyapatil7@...> wrote:
      HELLO,
      my querry about gre is that, how score is given for verbal (30que.) & quantative (28que.) -------please explain for marking
      thanks

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

    • ReGina Osborne
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2007
        You're correct!
        --- jobin thomas <jobinjacky@...> wrote:

        > I really dunno whether Im correct.. However, I
        > suppose its like, the tough questions are weighed
        > more than the rest... In verbal, the passages are
        > given more priority than the rest... In quants, be
        > creful with the geometry questions.
        >
        > soniya v patil <soniyapatil7@...> wrote:
        >
        > HELLO,
        > my querry about gre is that, how score is given
        > for verbal (30que.) & quantative (28que.)
        > -------please explain for marking
        > thanks
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! -
        > their life, your story.
        > Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there
        > knows the answer. Tryit now.

        http://farechase.yahoo.com/
      • Qasim Jeee!!!!
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2008
          Dear Brothers/Sisters,

          Will you please refer me the books from where i can prepare GRE. Please quote the best book. Because i am just thinking to do it.

          Thanking you in anticipation,

          Best Regards,

          Engr. Muhammad Qasim
          China East Resources Import & Export Corporation

        • kirthika N
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 13, 2008
            Hi

            According to me, there is no best book. The best resource that would help u to prepare is Downloading from Internet.
             Orkut communities have many links. www.testfever.com, www.koolkareers.com, these are some of the sites from which I downloaded and prepared for GRE.

            Thanks.
            Kirthika.

            On 4/3/08, Qasim Jeee!!!! <muazmi02@...> wrote:

            Dear Brothers/Sisters,

            Will you please refer me the books from where i can prepare GRE. Please quote the best book. Because i am just thinking to do it.

            Thanking you in anticipation,

            Best Regards,

            Engr. Muhammad Qasim
            China East Resources Import & Export Corporation

          • prem kumar
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 7, 2008
              Can you say which month is best for GRE exam, and also about some of the books for GRE.........

              Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/
            • chk.ankush@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 17, 2009
                Hello.. I'm studying Engineering from JU, India. I'll be sitting for my GRE in Jan 2010. Could you please suggest prep techniques for last 2 weeks.. I've finished the study part an solved the chapters and exercises of Barrons, Kaplan and Princton Review.. Would really appreciate tips ppl if you cud spare the time :) Im Ankush, btw..
              • aparajitha jayakumar
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 18, 2009
                  Hi Ankush,
                  What I did in the last 2 weeks is just giving practice tests, mainly Kaplan, Barrons and Princeton, and then some online tests just to keep it going. I feel that more than solving questions from books in which you don't keep track of time much, the cd practice tests (both section by section such as verbal and quants, and full tests) help a lot with managing time. If you are done with all the cds such as Barrons, Kaplan and Princeton, you are good to go! By the way, they say that the average of the scores that you get from the 2 tests in the Princeton cd is your approx GRE score! I don't know how far thats true but it turned out to be true for me!
                  Good luck!

                  Regards
                  Aparajitha

                  --
                  Aparajitha Jayakumar
                  Masters in Engineering Management student

                • ŦĦ€ ĐДrk lØrĐ á
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 21, 2012
                    I am taking GRE on 27 Aug for spring 2013 session. Please provide me name of decent some universities (apart from MIT/Standford type) for MS in computer science field or give me website links.

                    Thanks in advance.

                    Kisalay Y Kumar