plz help me.....

  • Manish
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2007
      hi guys...i want to prepare for GRE and i want to go for MBA....i saw
      on ETS website that there are two kinds/types of GRE exam....one is
      general and the other one is of any subject...like computer science,
      english lit. etc.
      could you tell me do i need to give both the subject exam and the
      general exam or for MBA i need to give only the general exam
      and plz could you suggest me some books for preparation which are
      available in india.....
      thanks....
    • Husain Barma
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2007
        Hey Manish,

        Regarding your query on the general / subject GRE, I have no idea, but I can suggest some good books for general GRE preparation.
        For my preparation, I bought 2 books : the Princeton Review and the Barron's GRE book.  Each of them came along with a CD / DVD which brief you about the GRE (pattern, cracking techniques etc.)....

        Both these books are pretty good and recommended.

        Good luck...

        On 5/5/07, Manish <sidymani@... > wrote:

        hi guys...i want to prepare for GRE and i want to go for MBA....i saw
        on ETS website that there are two kinds/types of GRE exam....one is
        general and the other one is of any subject...like computer science,
        english lit. etc.
        could you tell me do i need to give both the subject exam and the
        general exam or for MBA i need to give only the general exam
        and plz could you suggest me some books for preparation which are
        available in india.....
        thanks....

      • namrataagarwal7
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2007
          --- In topgre@yahoogroups.com, "Manish" <sidymani@...> wrote:

          > hi guys...i want to prepare for GRE and i want to go for MBA....i
          saw
          > on ETS website that there are two kinds/types of GRE exam....one is
          > general and the other one is of any subject...like computer science,
          > english lit. etc.
          > could you tell me do i need to give both the subject exam and the
          > general exam or for MBA i need to give only the general exam
          > and plz could you suggest me some books for preparation which are
          > available in india.....
          > thanks....

          Hi there,
          You wanna do MBA then you should give GMAT.GMAT is the qualifying exam
          for MBA.
          All the best.
        • TOPGRE - GRE Classes, Forums, Questions
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2007
            Hi Manish

            Most Business schools will require you to take the GMAT test and not the GRE test. Though, there might be a very few exceptions who will accept both GRE and GMAT Scores.

            If your primary objective is doing an MBA, then you should focus on GMAT. Details of GMAT are given at http://www.4gmat.com and http://www.mba.com

            Best wishes

            K S Baskar

            Message 5 of 6 , May 7, 2007
              I agree. The GMAT is geared toward an MBA degree.

              <groups@...> wrote:

              > Hi Manish
              >
              > Most Business schools will require you to take the
              > GMAT test and not the GRE test. Though, there might
              > be a very few exceptions who will accept both GRE
              > and GMAT Scores.
              >
              > If your primary objective is doing an MBA, then you
              > should focus on GMAT. Details of GMAT are given at
              > http://www.4gmat.com and http://www.mba.com
              >
              > Best wishes
              >
              > K S Baskar

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Manish
              Message 6 of 6 , May 8, 2007
                thanks....do you have any idea about the books and study materials for
                GMAT preparation....