RE: [topgre] GRE Text Completion Questions

  • TOPGRE : GRE Classes Mailing List
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2011

      Hi

      Here is the OA to the Text Completion Question

      Question 1.. The law of war is __________  not only upon States as such but also upon individuals and, in particular, the members of their armed forces. Parties are bound by the laws of war to the extent that such ______________ does not interfere with achieving legitimate military goals

      a. enforcing, forcing, binding

      b. incompetence, compliance, reverses

      With regard to the first blank, we can rule out enforcing since it doesnt make grammatical sense, and we can rule out forcing since it doesnt make logical sense. The correct choice is 'binding'

      With regard to the second blank, We can rule out incompetence since it doesnt make logical sense, and we can rule out reverses since it doesnt make logical sense. The correct choice is 'compliance'

      Question 2. Space exploration has often been used as ______________  competition for geopolitical rivalries such as the Cold War. Common ______________ for exploring space include advancing scientific research, uniting different nations, ensuring the future survival of humanity and developing military and strategic advantages against other countries.

      a. an uninhibited, a proxy, an unclear

      b. rejoinders, rationales, results

      With regard to the first blank, we can rule out an uninhibited and an unclear since they dont not make logical sense. The correct choice is 'a proxy'

      With regard to the second blank, we can rule out rejoinders and results since they dont make logical sense. The correct choice is 'rationales'

      Best wishes

      TOPGRE – GRE Classes @ Chennai and Mumbai

      Next weekend batch @ Anna Nagar and Mylapore @ Chennai start on Aug 13, 2011

      Sender: topgre@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:00:00 +0530

      To: <topgre@yahoogroups.com>

      ReplyTo: topgre@yahoogroups.com

      Subject: [topgre] GRE Text Completion Questions

      Hi

      A couple of text completion questions. Give it a try. Post your answers by replying to this mail.

      TOPGRE – GRE Classes @ Chennai, Mumbai

      Next weekend batch @ Tambaram, Chennai starts July 30, 2011