Re: [topgre] Comparison question GRE Quant

  • Deepa Kharat
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2007

      Ans. A

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: "TOPGRE - GRE Classes, Forums, Questions" <groups@...>
      To: topgre@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:30:07 AM
      Subject: [topgre] Comparison question GRE Quant

      Hi all

      Here is a comparison question in GRE Quant section.

      X, Y and Z are three odd positive integers. It is known that X - Y = 2 and Y - Z = 2

      Column 1
      X + Z

      Column 2
      X + Y

      Choice A if the value of Column 1 > Column 2
      Choice B if value of Column 2 > Column 1
      Choice C if value of Column 1 = Column 2
      Choice D if the given information is insufficient to compare the value in both the columns.

      Best wishes
      TopGRE - GRE Classes

      Next GRE Weekend batch @ Chennai starts Nov 3, 07

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • nikky548
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 2007
        hi,
        answer must be x+y>x+z..so it should be B
        --- In topgre@yahoogroups.com, "TOPGRE - GRE Classes, Forums,
        Questions" <groups@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Here is a comparison question in GRE Quant section.
        >
        > X, Y and Z are three odd positive integers. It is known that X - Y
        = 2 and Y - Z = 2

        > Column 1
        > X + Z
        >
        > Column 2
        > X + Y
        >
        > Choice A if the value of Column 1 > Column 2
        > Choice B if value of Column 2 > Column 1
        > Choice C if value of Column 1 = Column 2
        > Choice D if the given information is insufficient to compare the
        value in both the columns.

        > Best wishes
        > TopGRE - GRE Classes

        -------------

        > Next GRE Weekend batch @ Chennai starts Nov 3, 07

        http://www.topgre.com/gre_preparation_courses_tests/gre_classes_chenn
        ai.shtml

      • sushant sinha
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 12, 2007
          i think ans is B

          Deepa Kharat <deepa_kharat@...> wrote:

          Ans. A

          Here is a comparison question in GRE Quant section.

          X, Y and Z are three odd positive integers. It is known that X - Y = 2 and Y - Z = 2

          Column 1
          X + Z

          Column 2
          X + Y

          Choice A if the value of Column 1 > Column 2
          Choice B if value of Column 2 > Column 1
          Choice C if value of Column 1 = Column 2
          Choice D if the given information is insufficient to compare the value in both the columns.

          Best wishes
          TopGRE - GRE Classes

          Next GRE Weekend batch @ Chennai starts Nov 3, 07

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • TOPGRE - GRE Classes, Forums, Questions
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 12, 2007
            Hi

            Your answer is correct. The correct answer is choice B.

            If X - Y = 2, then X > Y.

            And if Y - Z = 2, then Y > Z.

            Therefore, sum of X + Y > X + Z.

          • manasa.saale@wipro.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2007

              Hi,

              Recently I have taken my GRE exam….score is 1200……can any one suggest me for what universities I can apply ………..with that score can I expect any aid………

              Questions" <groups@...> wrote:

              > Hi all
              >
              > Here is a comparison question in GRE Quant section.
              >
              > X, Y and Z are three odd positive integers. It is known that X - Y
              = 2 and Y - Z = 2

              > Column 1
              > X + Z
              >
              > Column 2
              > X + Y
              >
              > Choice A if the value of Column 1 > Column 2
              > Choice B if value of Column 2 > Column 1
              > Choice C if value of Column 1 = Column 2
              > Choice D if the given information is insufficient to compare the
              value in both the columns.

              > Best wishes
              > TopGRE - GRE Classes

              ------------ -

              > Next GRE Weekend batch @ Chennai starts Nov 3, 07

              http://www.topgre. com/gre_preparat ion_courses_ tests/gre_ classes_chenn
              ai.shtml

            • vinoth kumar
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 24, 2007
                hi
                    tis score is enough to select Californiya university.msg me .keep in touch

                Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. Click here.
              • veda nayagam
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 9, 2008
                  hey vinod,,,,,

                  is my gre score of 930 with quants:630 and verbal 300..enough for applying to universities.....if so pls do let me know those universities in United States.....

                  Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. Click here.