News server for old computers

  • David S. Brain
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2002
      Hi,
      I wanted to let you all know about a news server dedicated to old home
      computers. Its at towernet.ath.cx port 119; if anyone needs help
      signing up let me know and I'll help you do it (at least in Netscape,
      you might need emucompboy to help you with MS IE). It has groups
      dedicated to Atari, Commodore and TI-99; also I requested and got a new
      group made for OTHER computers so we can post messages about Aquarius,
      JR200, Tomy, etc. I encourage all members to hook up and subscribe to
      the groups and spread the word to everyone. There is not much traffic
      there yet, I want to see that change. If the rumor about Yahoo
      eventually charging for group access comes to pass this might be a good
      altenative.

      Davey B.