Re: For: ksarulofpurdimal

    Message 1 of 93 , Feb 10, 2002
      From what I've gathered from the few sources
      available, the only Grandstand Tutors around were the
      prototypes made to show at the announcements. I too have
      never actually heard of anyone that owned one. It also
      seems that the later Grandstand prototypes had the
      BASIC that the Tomy Tutor had but the Pyuuta didn't,
      but the early prototypes did not. This computer may
      be as rare as the TI-99/8 prototypes, or even more
      so.<br><br>Tomy seems to deny even having sold the Tutor(actually
      made by Matsushita, who also refuses to discuss the
      computer), and refuses to aknowledge email on the subject.
      Has anyone tried Grandstand? Are they still around or
      are they gone now?<br><br>Cool subject, now jump in
      you UK guys and fill us in on Grandstand's history. I
      know they sold video games and such in the
      UK.<br><br>Davey B.
      Message 93 of 93 , Mar 2, 2002