landed a second Mk II

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2014
      Managed to pick up a second Mk II and *this* one has the manual, along with
      a boxed copy of one of my least favourite Japanese cartridges, Saurusland.

      I'm toying with transplanting the Mk II keyboard into my Tutor, because I
      like the Mk II keyboard so much better than the Chiclets.

      -- Sarcasm is a spiritual gift. -- Paul Austin --------------------------------
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2014
        So is this manual the same MK2 manual I uploaded into the files section, or did you get a different one?

        I'm also considering cloning the BASIC1 cartridge by burning a pair or standard TUTOR ROMs and putting them on a board once I do the layout, just to see that happens (this should work, after looking into my BASIC1 case, but I won't be sure until I build one).
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2014
          More questions: what is the serial number of your new one? Is it below 5,000 like all of the other MK2 machine's I've seen so far?

          Did you get the Pyuuta that sold a couple of days ago with a BASIC1 overlay on it?
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2014
            (replying to both messages)

            > So is this manual the same MK2 manual I uploaded into the files section, or
            > did you get a different one?

            Same manual.

            > I'm also considering cloning the BASIC1 cartridge by burning a pair or
            > standard TUTOR ROMs and putting them on a board once I do the layout, just
            > to see that happens (this should work, after looking into my BASIC1 case,
            > but I won't be sure until I build one).

            It should work, yes -- the Mk II seems to be able to "just use it" and the
            tests I did show it will try to execute code from the unmapped space. I
            might try that myself on a cartridge I don't mind killing.

            > More questions: what is the serial number of your new one? Is it below
            > 5,000 like all of the other MK2 machine's I've seen so far?

            The serial #s I have are 004427 (my first one) and 002195 (this one).

            > Did you get the Pyuuta that sold a couple of days ago with a BASIC1 overlay
            > on it?

            I thought about it, but I'd rather just get a more or less complete BASIC-1
            kit (for either the Pyuuta or Mk II). Basically I'd just be buying it for
            the overlay and I've got a bazillion Pyuutas here gathering dust. Well,
            relatively speaking :)