Pyuuta Cassette Tapes

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
      I've had a lot of fun looking for Pyuuta things on Yahoo! Japan lately. Unfortunately, I missed the boxed Pyuuta Jr. Tape Interface (yes, they really do exist--it is the second one I've seen for sale this year). I also saw an odd thing with a regular Pyuuta--it had a BASIC-1 overlay for the keyboard. It didn't have a BASIC-1 module though--just the overlay. From that, it makes me think that it was somehow possible to use the BASIC-1 with a regular Pyuuta (maybe with the cartridge expander box?).

      I did win some of the items I was in pursuit of though--a pair of tapes, which brings me to a grand total of three Pyuuta tapes (the one I have is UFO).

      Tomy also apparently sold two different tape drives for the Pyuuta in Japan. The seller of the cassette interface also sold a cassette drive, but the bidding for that one went really high fast, so I don't think many of that variety were sold. It may have just been the fact that it was in a crisp original box too. . .

      There are a lot of Japanese release cartridges up for sale right now, some for very realonable prices. There are more Pyuuta things on sale there over the last couple of weeks than I've seen in years!
    • Bill Loguidice
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
        I'm still holding out hope for one day finding a 3-D series game,
        particularly Rescue Copter. Looks like none of those are presently listed,
        though...

        Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
        Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
        Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and

        On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM, ksarulofpurdimal <no_reply@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
          Actually, a I think I saw a copy of Rescue Copter sold within the last month or so, and I got a spare copy of Battlefighter as a bonus in a Pyuuta Mk II action I won in October (The auction had the Mk II and Superbike, which I needed, and a couple of additional carts, including Battlefighter). Totally weird is that a week or so after I bought this auction, a copy of Battlefighter went for almost as much as I paid for it, the Mk II, and Superbike together (and it wasn't boxed either). The rarer titles do show up, mostly in waves--Superbike showed up a couple of times lately too, though it isn't a 3D title, and I've seen several copies of Tron.

          Persevere, Bill--it will turn up eventually. BTW, there was also an advertising flyer for sale up this week that showcased Rescue Copter. It may still be up.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
            Well, if you end up with any extras of any of the 3D titles, let me know
            and I'll buy them off of you. Thanks.

            Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
            Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
            Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and

            On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM, ksarulofpurdimal