Re: [Tomy Tutor] Pyuuta Mark II

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2012
      I have Rescue Copter (and all 25 of the other regular Pyuuta cartridges, all but 7 boxed), but I don't have the Japanese or the American demo cartridges.

      One other odd note: a few months back, I saw a Pyuuta Jr. for sale with the cassette interface--that was the first and only time I'd ever seen one of those. Unfortunately, I didn't see it until AFTER it was sold, and didn't realize what it was at first as the pictures weren't that good! Some internal Tomy documentation for the Pyuuta (on GBASIC) came up for sale at about the same time--but my Japanese contact got my message on that one about two hours too late to bid on it for me.

      When comparing serial numbers, it also looks like there may have been very few Mark IIs sold--mine is in the 800s and yours is in the mid 4000s, Cameron. Have you ever seen one much higher than that? There is also another way to get around the RF video problem: switch out the 9918ANL with one of the new F18A video daughter boards. That would give it a nice VGA output, so it could be used with any modern monitor. I'm debating desoldering the 9918 on mine to make the mod--though I might just go the route you used with the Pyuuta Jr. to avoid major surgery on the board.

      I do know the F18A works fine on the US Tutor, as the developer tested it on one.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2012
        By the way--there's a copy of Rescue Copter up on Yahoo! Japan right now along with 19 other Pyuuta cartridges and a Pyuuta Jr. It is up to about 25,000 Yen and closes in 10 hours. . .here's a link to it:

        http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b136374638

        Jim

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2012
          Ack! My bad, that was 10 minutes, not 10 hours! I really must learn to read Japanese. . .better luck next time folks.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2012
            > Ack! My bad, that was 10 minutes, not 10 hours! I really must learn to
            > read Japanese. . .better luck next time folks.

            Rats!