Re: Super Cobra for Tutor?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25, 2010
      Ben, I haven't seen anyone try to port additional software over to the Tutor. All ten of the US release Tutor cartridges have been ported over to the Geneve 9640 though, and according to the guy who ported them (Barry Boone), the same method should work with the Japanese carts as well. I just haven't tried to extract the ROMs from any of the Japanese titles I do have to try it (the only one I'm still missing is Superbike). I have dups of a dozen or so Japanese carts if anyone has a Superbike cart they want to trade. . .I'm also still looking for a Pyuuta II.

      Jim

      --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, "Mario" <benjamin.marioe1@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Has anyone ever attempted to make a Tomy Tutor port of Super Cobra? Reason being: Scramble, which does exist for the Tutor.
      >
      > The arcade version of Super Cobra (the American market version published by Stern) has both the main SC fanfare followed by the Scramble fanfare; the latter of which is the only piece of music to exist on the ColecoVision port.
      >
      > For the Tutor port of SC, the spaceship is replaced by a helicopter. Whereas Scramble had just 5 stages before the end, SC extends that to 10. To beat the game you had to successfully carry the booty that appears in the last stage, and take it to the base. Then the game starts over again, with higher fuel consumption.
      >
      > ~Ben

    • Russ Perry, Jr.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2010
        On Fri, 6/25/10, ksarulofpurdimal <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > I haven't seen anyone try to port additional software over to the
        > Tutor.

        Not even a multicart yet...

        > All ten of the US release Tutor cartridges have been ported over
        > to the Geneve 9640 though,

        Hm, interesting... Is the reverse possible, and are there any
        Geneve games worth porting over?
        || Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
        || 847-952-9729 RussPerryJr@... VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2010
          > > I haven't seen anyone try to port additional software over to the
          > > Tutor.
          >
          > Not even a multicart yet...

          I haven't even cracked the tape protocol! Though a multicart might
          be easier (I don't have enough logic experience to build one of my
          own though).

          -- FORTUNE: Make your own advancement opportunity. Blackmail your boss. -------
        • Bill Loguidice
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2010
            Most of the US and some of the Japanese titles are relatively easy to find
            (if only in their loose cartridge-only form), but I would love a multi-cart
            just to be able to play the "3-D" Japanese games. I love it when systems
            like this get pushed to their limits.

            Bill Loguidice, Managing Director
            Armchair Arcade, Inc.
            <http://www.armchairarcade.com/> http://www.armchairarcade.com