Re: [Tomy Tutor] Assembler/Basic and Cassette

    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 20, 2010
      > > > When I save from Basic the file created starts with something like a
      > > > constant tone for 8.5 seconds. When I load the same file the feedback in
      > > > MESS only has 2.5 seconds. Both sounds last for 16.5 seconds.
      > >
      > > I'm not desperately relying on MESS as a source of veracity regarding the
      > > tape. Once I have it working with the real Tutor, I'll probably focus on
      > > MESS at that point.
      >
      > No, why should you, it's broken. I was only trying to help. I would have
      > expected the feedback to be very much like the saved file. And I thought
      > that this info might raise an eyebrow and maybe give input to tackle the
      > cassette problem from other angles. Not that you have to or anything.

      I apologize if it sounded like I was brushing it off, but I assure you the
      lead-in is not the problem; I can detect that easily. Even if I make the
      lead-in sequence longer, it does not get detected by the machine. Like I say,
      I suspect there is something different about either how the Data Recorder
      writes the data, *or* how it plays it back, and that should be duplicatable
      either in software or with a trivial analogue circuit.

      -- IBM is not a necessary evil. IBM is not necessary. -- Ted Nelson -----------