Tomy Tutor (USA) Box - Sides

  • Benjamin Edge
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2008
      Who here could please kindly submit pictures of the USA Tomy Tutor box
      sides (left side, top side, right side and bottom side)? Also, your
      camera must have good lighting while attempting to do these four sides.

      One of the four box sides features several screenshots of games that
      were never released in the USA; an interesting fact about one of the
      screenshots on one of the sides of the Tutor box art is that the
      word "BONUS" is misspelled as "BOUNS." The name of that game is said to
      be "Don Pan" or perhaps, "Traffic Jam."

      Thank you,
      Ben
    • Bill Loguidice
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2008
        I have it, but I'm not sure I can get to it in a timely manner. Have you
        looked here for the info you're after?:
        http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/

        =================================
        Bill Loguidice, Managing Director
        Armchair Arcade, Inc.
        <http://www.armchairarcade.com/> http://www.armchairarcade.com
        A PC Magazine Top 100 Website
        =================================

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2008
          Hi Bill,

          I did check that website you mentioned, and all I saw were views of the front and rear of the box as well as close-up views from both the views mentioned.

          So could you please take shots of all four side panels from your Tutor box sometime?

          Thank you,
          Ben

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 21, 2008
            > Who here could please kindly submit pictures of the USA Tomy Tutor box
            > sides (left side, top side, right side and bottom side)? Also, your
            > camera must have good lighting while attempting to do these four sides.
            > One of the four box sides features several screenshots of games that
            > were never released in the USA; an interesting fact about one of the
            > screenshots on one of the sides of the Tutor box art is that the
            > word "BONUS" is misspelled as "BOUNS." The name of that game is said to
            > be "Don Pan" or perhaps, "Traffic Jam."

            I'm not anywhere near my Tutor a/t/m (out in the field for the weekend),
            but I'm pretty sure that was Traffic Jam. BOUNS just means the player caught
            the letters in the wrong order.

            The remaining screenshots are pure mockups, although one is the Shinkansen
            bullet train which is from a Japanese cassette package not sold in the USA.
            The rest are fanciful fluff.

            -- FOOLS! I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL! ASK ME HOW! -- "Girl Genius" 8/29/07 --------