Re: [Tomy Tutor ] How much does a Tomy Pyuuta weigh?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
      > I have found a Tomy Pyuuta in Japan, and while it won't ship outside of
      > Japan, I have been considering going through a middleman/deputy to have
      > it shipped to the US.
      >
      > What I can't figure out is an estimate on shipping as in order to
      > guestimate it through the Japanese postal service I need an idea of the
      > weight of a Tomy Tutor in box with joysticks and stuff.
      >
      > The picture shows a Pyuuta with box, with a rf modulator, the two
      > joysticks. Also an operation manual. I don't see a power supply so I'm
      > unsure if that is included.
      >
      > Any guesses as to what it might weigh?

      It's going to weigh roughly the same as a regular Tutor, so measure the
      Tutor box and weight and maybe add on half a pound just for a worst-case.

      -- If you had any brains at all, you'd be dangerous. --------------------------
    • Kanton Levine
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
        Sorry, I re-read my post and it was confusing. I don't own a Tutor or
        a Pyuuta, nor have I ever actually seen one aside from photographs and
        Youtube videos.
        I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of range I may be looking
        at, obviously there's no way to be sure, but I'm just trying to figure
        out what's "in the ballpark" so to speak.

        BTW, I found it by searching using the Japanese characters for Pyuuta
        in Yahoo Japan Auctions and found the Pyuuta Jr, one game, and then
        today the Pyuuta in box. The following search brings them all up:

        http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/search/auc?p=%A4%D4%A4%E5%A4%A6%
        C2%C0&auccat=0&alocale=0jp&acc=jp

        I've never worked with a middleman for stuff like this, so I may wait
        until an actual Tutor comes around some day...

        http://www.cameronkaiser.com/ --