Re: [Tomy Tutor ] I thought i would be lonely forever...

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
      "No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time
      alone with my computer.' " -- Dan Bunten

      Dan Bunten wrote the game M.U.L.E. which some o' ye may remember.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
        > "No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time
        > alone with my computer.' " -- Dan Bunten
        >
        > Dan Bunten wrote the game M.U.L.E. which some o' ye may remember.

        Later to become Danielle (no, I'm not kidding).

        --
        --------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
        -- The only thing to fear is fearlessness -- R. E. M. -------------------------
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2006
          > > Dan Bunten wrote the game M.U.L.E. which some o' ye may remember.
          >
          > Later to become Danielle (no, I'm not kidding).

          Yup. Do some programmers like unix so much they become eunuchs?

          Back in the 80s, Electronic Arts wanted to become a collection
          of "electronic artists" -- promising to put the names of the designers,
          artists, visionaries right on the boxes; in short, rock-star promotion.

          Now, I if I think about it, I can name dozens of rock stars and groups,
          but only a few software visionaries. Seems somewhere along the line,
          the names stopped being put on the boxes. Here're the names of a few
          game visionaries that I remember:

          Dan Bunten (aka Dani Bunten Berry)
          Bill Budge
          Will Wright
          Richard Garriott (aka Lord British)
          Ryo Kawasaki
          Steve Crane

          Okay, done. Pitifully short list! Yes, we remember the names of the
          publishers much more easily. We remember that Epyx was the publisher
          for Jumpman -- but do we remember the programmer? We remember
          Broderbund for The Castles Of Dr. Creep... but can't remember who
          actually wrote the game.

          Funny how that works. In the literary world, you know Stephen King and
          Dean Koontz... but do you remember who published their last few books?