Re: [Tomy Tutor ] I thought i would be lonely forever...

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
      Spammer banned. Sorry about that, folks.

      --
      --------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
      -- BOND THEME NOW PLAYING: "Goldfinger" ---------------------------------------
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
        "No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time
        alone with my computer.' " -- Dan Bunten

        Dan Bunten wrote the game M.U.L.E. which some o' ye may remember.
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
          > "No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time
          > alone with my computer.' " -- Dan Bunten
          >
          > Dan Bunten wrote the game M.U.L.E. which some o' ye may remember.

          Later to become Danielle (no, I'm not kidding).

          --
          --------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
          -- The only thing to fear is fearlessness -- R. E. M. -------------------------
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2006
            > > Dan Bunten wrote the game M.U.L.E. which some o' ye may remember.
            >
            > Later to become Danielle (no, I'm not kidding).

            Yup. Do some programmers like unix so much they become eunuchs?

            Back in the 80s, Electronic Arts wanted to become a collection
            of "electronic artists" -- promising to put the names of the designers,
            artists, visionaries right on the boxes; in short, rock-star promotion.

            Now, I if I think about it, I can name dozens of rock stars and groups,
            but only a few software visionaries. Seems somewhere along the line,
            the names stopped being put on the boxes. Here're the names of a few
            game visionaries that I remember:

            Dan Bunten (aka Dani Bunten Berry)
            Bill Budge
            Will Wright
            Richard Garriott (aka Lord British)
            Ryo Kawasaki
            Steve Crane

            Okay, done. Pitifully short list! Yes, we remember the names of the
            publishers much more easily. We remember that Epyx was the publisher
            for Jumpman -- but do we remember the programmer? We remember
            Broderbund for The Castles Of Dr. Creep... but can't remember who
            actually wrote the game.

            Funny how that works. In the literary world, you know Stephen King and
            Dean Koontz... but do you remember who published their last few books?