New updates to the Little Orphan Tomy Tutor site

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2005
      It's that time of year again -- updates for the Little Orphan.

      - Pyuuta Jr. entry, featuring a complete description of this Japanese console
      version -- yes, I finally got one! Includes pictures, scans from the manual,
      and screen grabs of its surprisingly robust and user-friendly interface
      (for 1983, that is).

      - Stub entry for the Grandstand Tutors, the vanishingly rare UK variant.

      - New emulation section. This includes a special section on using the MESS
      Tomy Tutor driver (focused more towards the Mac, since I'm a Mac user, but
      with help for Windows users as well) and needed firmware and dumps, intended
      only for those with a legal right to the hardware, of course. Also includes
      TutorEm, the first true emulator (Windows-only), and incorporates Tutti as
      a museum piece (though people who do not own a Tomy Tutor can still use it
      to legally simulate the Tutor without ROMs). Alas, with this site release,
      I have chosen to officially freeze Tutti, the first Tomy Tutor simulator of
      any kind, at 0.3. It will still be left for download indefinitely because of
      its unique legal status, however.

      - Updated Incomplete Catalogue. Improved screenshots for many games, new shots
      for many more (including the believed-unreleased Gajigoji and Jack In The
      Box), and additional stub entries for hardware to come later. All of the
      American clone games have also been matched up to the Japanese originals.
      Also included links for the MSX and CoCo ports!

      - Additional Pyuuta screen shots.

      - Updated my personal trade list and the General and Pyuuta pages' histories,
      and made various custodial changes.

      Have fun!

      http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/

      / READY